Turn on thread page Beta

oxford and other worrying happenings watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else get the feeling that our lives have been completely tasken over by ucas and general anxiety that comes with thinking about the future?
    Maybe it's just me but i don't think my whole teenage experince is on track- instead of drugs, sex and rock& roll my main addiction is checking the ucas site every bloody five minutes.

I got a letter from oxford for interviews from sunday to wednesday- for ppe at New college.
    Is/has anyone apllied to new ppe- any helpful hints????????????

Ok i'm going in search of a life now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jen Jen)
    I got a letter from oxford for interviews from sunday to wednesday- for ppe at New college.

New? Can you sing? Do you like singing? If not you'll be surrounded by it all day and night....AAARGH!!!!!

Don't get a life; if you do and you get iin you'll only have to lose it again once you get here.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    New? Can you sing? Do you like singing? If not you'll be surrounded by it all day and night....AAARGH!!!!!
    Hehe, sounds suspiciously like Clare! Although I do ask for it, living in a block with all the musos and choral scholars... :rolleyes: I quite like it though (and am totally infatuated with my neighbour's singing, which is bad - my infatuation, not his singing, that is!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)

Don't get a life; if you do and you get iin you'll only have to lose it again once you get here.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Nop can't sing- but don't mind other people singing.

Fair point about finding a life, but probably won't get in so i figure it's worth going in search for some fun anywayz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jen Jen)
    Does anyone else get the feeling that our lives have been completely tasken over by ucas and general anxiety that comes with thinking about the future?
    Maybe it's just me but i don't think my whole teenage experince is on track- instead of drugs, sex and rock& roll my main addiction is checking the ucas site every bloody five minutes.

Is/has anyone apllied to new ppe- any helpful hints????????????

yes i totally agreee,,,,from september tilnow all ive been thinking is a levels, ucas, cambridge, ucas, cambridge , ucas ....right now its cambridge interview cambridge interview cambridge interview......even when im doing something completely irrelevant or talking abt something really irrelevant....im thinking bout it;.....its crazy..and the pressure is to the max

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    yes i totally agreee,,,,from september tilnow all ive been thinking is a levels, ucas, cambridge, ucas, cambridge , ucas ....right now its cambridge interview cambridge interview cambridge interview......even when im doing something completely irrelevant or talking abt something really irrelevant....im thinking bout it;.....its crazy..and the pressure is to the max
    I must be the only person who isn't remotely worried. This is not to say that I am confident that I will get an offer but I can't see myself falling to pieces with nerves.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.