The Student Room Group

Is internet revision any good?

I am doin loads of past papers, for all me subjects, but using myr evision guide books to help me look up any answers Im not sure of. That way I am revsing too - however, the bbc bitesize site (and s-cool for some stuff) seem to have LOADS of helpful stuff on em. I wanna know whether peeps think that using the net in this way is any use? Does anyone else get sid tracked like I do? and will it stick in my 'ed for when I transfer it onto paper? :confused:
Reply 1
the net is the way I mostly revise. reading notes etc is just boring for me and I loose concentration.
samlearning.com is great
Reply 2
I have to say, personally i find books better, whereas on the internet i'll get distracted by things like other unrelated websites and msn etc...there are some good sites though if you're dedicated, check out my sticky at the top of the GCSE page...
I prefer online revision, but I'm not convinced it sinks in as well as revising from books, past papers, etc.
Reply 4
zippy_gerbil
I prefer online revision, but I'm not convinced it sinks in as well as revising from books, past papers, etc.

Past paper are by far the best in my opinion, they got me through the maths modules with great success, whereas samlearning wouldnt have done that for me...
Reply 5
Internet revision has its advantages and disadvantages. You might get distracted like going on TSR for example. :redface: The good thing is that there are revision sites for you to extend your revision notes and stuff like that. I would print them out so you won't have to look for them again.

Remember to also use your textbook when revising as the stuff in there is in detail. In addition, those details will get you high marks on the exam.
Reply 6
So, mixed opinions then! :smile:

Latest