Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

bad pain when I shake my head. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Had this a few times now. It's been here since I woke up today. Whenever I cough or shake my head I get a really bad sharp pain on the left upper side of my head.

Anyone else experienced this? It's fine if I keep my head still but it shouldn't hurt when I shake it

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Migraine?

ReputationRep:
    Oh god I get this...like fairly often, when you shake head it really bad, like a sharp stabbing intense pain - yet, it gets highly addictive to shake your head - and i continue to do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rozzo89)
    Oh god I get this...like fairly often, when you shake head it really bad, like a sharp stabbing intense pain - yet, it gets highly addictive to shake your head - and i continue to do it
    Haha same :p: I get headaches like this all the time...usually when I'm dehydrated or I've been hot for a long period of time. Have a drink of water and a cold shower?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    Migraine?
    I always thought that was just a continuos headache. I went the opticians the other day cos I had weird flashing in front of my eyes and she said it's either a migraine with no head ache or a tear in my eye somewhere.

It's weird, I took painkillers hours ago and it still hurts.

ReputationRep:
    Me too. I continue becuase I have Tourettes Syndrome, no kidding!! haha:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    swine flu...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IJI147)
    swine flu...
    haha everyone says that about every single symtom someone has :p:

ReputationRep:
    Its really wierd, I swear some neurochemical gets released that causes pain, yet is addictive in that it wants you to realise you have a pain in your head - I think its environmental in cause i.e. food, dehydration, heat etc - I think we're all going to suffer from migraines when we are older

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Procrastinator)
    haha everyone says that about every single symtom someone has :p:

chances are i'll eventually be right and can qualify as a doctor for my innate understanding of illness and medicine :p:
    lulz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Procrastinator)
    I always thought that was just a continuos headache. I went the opticians the other day cos I had weird flashing in front of my eyes and she said it's either a migraine with no head ache or a tear in my eye somewhere.

It's weird, I took painkillers hours ago and it still hurts.
    Yeah, tis. I get these headaches after I've had a real short sleep though.

ReputationRep:
    Its really wierd, I swear some neurochemical gets released that causes pain, yet is addictive in that it wants you to realise you have a pain in your head - I think its environmental in cause i.e. food, dehydration, heat etc - I think we're all going to suffer from migraines when we are older
    Or a pain that I can't stop doing to myself because I feel it will cause some sort of permanent brain damage...bit weird. I don't want brain damage though...can't explain

Or what you said :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    Yeah, tis. I get these headaches after I've had a real short sleep though.
    I slept way too much last night though hmmmm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IJI147)
    chances are i'll eventually be right and can qualify as a doctor for my innate understanding of illness and medicine :p:
    lulz
    Hahaha I hope that will be the case for me too!

ReputationRep:
    Just don't shake your head then ...

ReputationRep:
    Take it easy for the night and if it's still there tomorrow go and see a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nnnomi)
    Just don't shake your head then ...
    I eh, have tourettes so that is not an option :p: the worse the pain and feeling that I am doing damage the more I do. Messed up really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hana_87)
    Take it easy for the night and if it's still there tomorrow go and see a doctor.
    Can't, have to go to work in 5 mins. God the doc will think I am a hyperchondriac

i would go and see about htat if i was u

ReputationRep:
    Felt sick all through work, don't know if that had anything to do with it. If it's still there in the morning then I shall go pester the doctor

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: December 15, 2010
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you honestly judge a book by its cover?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.