The Student Room Group

The Official Stocks and Shares Thread

Scroll to see replies

dont worry shes a coming
:frown::frown:
one word... ******** ha holding til tues :frown: oh well haha
lol i definitely didn't see this happening. it's making me keep hold though.. the MM's suck.

i'm staying in this until i AT LEAST make some good profit. have had an awful day
turn_the_page_day_by_day
Out the recession = More stability = Increased growth of banking industy = Share price rising... simple as that.
How long, anybodies guess.

mmmmm bannnkkkkks :rolleyes:
TheLouisVuittonDon
lol i definitely didn't see this happening. it's making me keep hold though.. the MM's suck.

i'm staying in this until i AT LEAST make some good profit. have had an awful day

Well to top of the day some TOFFEE NOSED **** (fill that with any 4 letter swear word) in a porsche just crashed into me on the way home from work! Not too much damage luckily!! Completely his fault and luckily he admitted it.

Yeah I'm gona do some more research around PXS now and consider holding a few weeks if there is good news to come. Btw before anyone thinks I'm being a stupid boy, when I said before I dnt have the funds I didnt mean I literally dont have the money to cover this purchase lol... I just have it in a savings account and pulling it out will simply mean i'll loose a months interest (About £1 at the current rates ha).

I'll be deleting my LO and waiting until tuesday!

What a day, think I need a beer now!
Oh and bad news comes in threes.... what else will happen today!

My whole portfolio is still in the blue :smile: So cant complain.
And considering things a little more, my PXS are actually up from purchase lol, just didnt want to loose my £13 broker fee by selling them at close...
We're both in the same boat on Tuesday mate, you're unfortunately .7p down on me starting.
captnibby1234
mmmmm bannnkkkkks :rolleyes:

Lol... take it you dont approve :P
turn_the_page_day_by_day
Oh and bad news comes in threes.... what else will happen today!

My whole portfolio is still in the blue :smile: So cant complain.
And considering things a little more, my PXS are actually up from purchase lol, just didnt want to loose my £13 broker fee by selling them at close...
We're both in the same boat on Tuesday mate, you're unfortunately .7p down on me starting.

Haha i think you have had enough bad luck already for today! Me too. But who knows, the company seems like they are going to have some success. And i hope even the people trying to de-ramp it won't be able to hold it down.

I need to start investing in safer stocks. :o:
ok for some reason i got negged in this thread. thanks to whoever did it.

maybe someone got burnt.
TheLouisVuittonDon

maybe someone got burnt.

It wasn't me. Did you get my £10 from the market today?
Reply 191
I will probably sound like a total amatuer but what is this 'MM' you all speak of? i tried googling but i got nothing.

Seems like i could have made some ££ if i invested in PXS yesterday but as i'm new to this i wanted to sit back and watch how everything works out and to build some experience towards dealing shares.

You all probably know this but i came across this http://www.lse.co.uk/share-chat.asp there is a lot of gossip and it can guide you in the right direction (researchwise).
TheLouisVuittonDon
Haha i think you have had enough bad luck already for today! Me too. But who knows, the company seems like they are going to have some success. And i hope even the people trying to de-ramp it won't be able to hold it down.

I need to start investing in safer stocks. :o:

Yeah true! I think they will be very successful, although my money will be out next week i think. Dont want this much money in my portfolio at once. I have until wednesday to settle the purchase without having to pull money from my savings so should be back above my target by then :smile:

Yeah i think u should haha lucky with that one earlier today!
TheLouisVuittonDon

maybe someone got burnt.

Wasnt me dude but im sure you know that already
My mistakes are my mistake, nobody elses :smile:
Sh1fty
I will probably sound like a total amatuer but what is this 'MM' you all speak of? i tried googling but i got nothing.

Seems like i could have made some ££ if i invested in PXS yesterday but as i'm new to this i wanted to sit back and watch how everything works out and to build some experience towards dealing shares.

You all probably know this but i came across this http://www.lse.co.uk/share-chat.asp there is a lot of gossip and it can guide you in the right direction (researchwise).

MM - Market Maker

Yeah PXS investment yesterday would have been good.

If you have only just started with shares then seriously research and follow the markets for a while before investing, otherwise you might loose money.

Biggest piece of advice I can give you, dont buy from anyones advice, buy from your own research. Sites like lse.co.uk are great but people hype on there to get beginners to invest and high buys makes a share price go up. Just be careful. Research a lot before parting with your money because you might not see it back...

Good luck
Reply 195
Some people have won and some people have lost today then? Mine is down by 1% or so, but can stay there. Stop loss in place and im not worried!

Turn the page - does your work give you level 2 access or do you have it personally?
Cj-Tj
Some people have won and some people have lost today then? Mine is down by 1% or so, but can stay there. Stop loss in place and im not worried!

Turn the page - does your work give you level 2 access or do you have it personally?

I am down a bit today. I still think it's money that will be got back on Tuesday, hopefully PXS goes to around 20p and then i will be happy to get out of it. What are you in again? And do you have level 2 access?

Cultivated
It wasn't me. Did you get my £10 from the market today?

Made a loss so no luck unfortunately. :rolleyes:
Reply 197
TheLouisVuittonDon
I am down a bit today. I still think it's money that will be got back on Tuesday, hopefully PXS goes to around 20p and then i will be happy to get out of it. What are you in again? And do you have level 2 access?

Havent got it at the moment- did have at uni but im working 80-90 hour weeks over summer. Not much point me having it cos im never at home when the market's open. Might get it again when I have time to watch the stocks.

Only current stock is Agriterra - AGTA - down 0.38% today! Mid price is 5.68, stop loss at 5.50 which will give about 8-10% after commission. Not much, but better than a savings account.

As for yours - tomorrow is another day. Wait and see, it will come round eventually. Although playing with penny shares is more risky - often they dont come back up for ages, if indeed they ever do!!
Cj-Tj
Havent got it at the moment- did have at uni but im working 80-90 hour weeks over summer. Not much point me having it cos im never at home when the market's open. Might get it again when I have time to watch the stocks.

Only current stock is Agriterra - AGTA - down 0.38% today! Mid price is 5.68, stop loss at 5.50 which will give about 8-10% after commission. Not much, but better than a savings account.

As for yours - tomorrow is another day. Wait and see, it will come round eventually. Although playing with penny shares is more risky - often they dont come back up for ages, if indeed they ever do!!

That must be a tiring week for you. What work are you in currently?

May research AGTA. Penny shares are risky but there is some good news surrounding PXS so i'm quite sure that it will rally a bit, which I will then sell on. I won't have the time to day trade at uni, so will need some long term options.
Reply 199
TheLouisVuittonDon
That must be a tiring week for you. What work are you in currently?

May research AGTA. Penny shares are risky but there is some good news surrounding PXS so i'm quite sure that it will rally a bit, which I will then sell on. I won't have the time to day trade at uni, so will need some long term options.

Knackered, its been a month since I had a day off! Might get bank holiday Monday, but would rather work that - we get paid a days wages then the whole day on overtime. Works out at £15ph. Im one of TSRs resident farmers.

I wouldnt bother researching AGTA tbh, it doesnt move alot and isnt very interesting. There are much better shares available. What are you in at the moment?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending