The Student Room Group

The Official Stocks and Shares Thread

Scroll to see replies

PrincePauper
heard the news? Sp been dropping because of a 600k buy! We good!

why would that make the SP drop??

600k shares? or £600,000??:eek:
TheLouisVuittonDon
why would that make the SP drop??

600k shares? or £600,000??:eek:

the big money mate! £600,000. six hundred thousand pounds!!!!! which is about 5 million shares!!!!
There are not that many shares available so the MMs had to lower the sp to make people sell so they could get hold of the shares. The buy was set at 12p, so they lowered it down to 9p so they could make a profit of 3p per share!
The buy was set 2 days ago, hence the drop for two days!
Monday is looking good now.
PrincePauper
the big money mate! £600,000. six hundred thousand pounds!!!!! which is about 5 million shares!!!!
There are not that many shares available so the MMs had to lower the sp to make people sell so they could get hold of the shares. The buy was set at 12p, so they lowered it down to 9p so they could make a profit of 3p per share!
The buy was set 2 days ago, hence the drop for two days!
Monday is looking good now.

someone must surely know something to buy that many shares! I wonder what it is though.. i just find it hard to believe someone would put this much money in unless they knew something! :eek3:
haha theres been some stupid rumor made up saying GKP will release news tomorrow that they have found serious amounts of oil and the SP will rocket to £10 per share. HAHA some people are insane....
morning guys, hope you're all well....
i saw pxs this morning, isnt looking too rosey again, was hoping for u that itd see a rise this morning
gkp has picked up again to 76p currently.
Anyone do any commodities.

I bought some copper in january, doing very well for myself at the moment.
n0c0ntr0l
Anyone do any commodities.

I bought some copper in january, doing very well for myself at the moment.

I dont personally, not sure about the other guys.

What kind of returns have you seen?
turn_the_page_day_by_day
I dont personally, not sure about the other guys.

What kind of returns have you seen?

I got my dad to put £2k in, it's now worth just under £4k, fluctuates a bit but has to be the best long term buy I've ever made.

So yeah, it's going amazing.
n0c0ntr0l
I got my dad to put £2k in, it's now worth just under £4k, fluctuates a bit but has to be the best long term buy I've ever made.

So yeah, it's going amazing.

Thats not bad, what time scale for the 100% profit?

I assume its much less volitile than dealing AIM shares like most of us do on here. But then the reward is higher too... 100% can be achieved in a week or ever a day.
I need to put some money in to gold, have heard it is likely to be a good investment.

So i'm kinda sick of PXS at the moment, it's probably at around 7p a share now and i'm just going to stop watching it until Thursday.
TheLouisVuittonDon
I need to put some money in to gold, have heard it is likely to be a good investment.

So i'm kinda sick of PXS at the moment, it's probably at around 7p a share now and i'm just going to stop watching it until Thursday.

Morning dude, yeah best thing is to stop watching until thurs, they have AGM dont they?

Did you get on board with GKP this morning?
turn_the_page_day_by_day
Morning dude, yeah best thing is to stop watching until thurs, they have AGM dont they?

Did you get on board with GKP this morning?

cheque still hasn't cleared so i'm just waiting. :smile:

yeah the AGM is on Thursday, i don't think the AGM will change anything drastically but a possible RNS surrounding it may happen.
Reply 392
PXS is an absolute nightmare at the moment, we need some news!!
Anyone looked at kdd? i think its gonna rocket like gkp
rocketscience

you know that we need some evidence or research of yours to prove this. :wink:
Reply 395
rocketscience

Yeah I've seen this. Looks promising, just wish I had some spare cash to invest lol
Milch
Yeah I've seen this. Looks promising, just wish I had some spare cash to invest lol

Understatement of the century. Back in january, I would have begged for a loan almost because of just how much opportunity there was.
i'm incredibly annoyed that i ever got in to PXS now at the point i did. i never make such rubbish judgements.

i can't sell now, i see this dropping to a ridiculous price. if it gets below 5p then i will probably buy more.
rocketscience

Evidence? lol... theres no news regarding this company, no reason for the SP rise today. I dont buy into shares that act like this its too risky. Which is why I steered clear of PXS, was like a yoyo with no news...

If you know something I dont feel free to post it?
TheLouisVuittonDon
i'm incredibly annoyed that i ever got in to PXS now at the point i did. i never make such rubbish judgements.

i can't sell now, i see this dropping to a ridiculous price. if it gets below 5p then i will probably buy more.

If u dont need the cash mate just leave them, forget about them and come back at xmas. U'll have a profit.

Hopefully its not too red on your screen.

Like i said in my post above I try not to invest in shares that move so much without news, its too volitile...

You still gona get in GKP or might save u cash for PXS if it drops more?

and KDD - no news... just rose 150% on nothing, either way we've missed it lol... could have made my first 100% on that one if I had a magic ball :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending