The Student Room Group

The Official Stocks and Shares Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4520
Original post by infernalcradle

at least I'm finally back in profit with GKP though....

Positive news from gkp, yet the share price rises and steadies at 10% ish.....getting fed-up with this share now....:s-smilie:
http://shareprices.com/lse/val - I know an analyst who thinks they're likely to go up a lot, just saying
I hope SOLO returns to the 1.5 mark by the end of the day :redface:
x

Have a look at GGP. Great RNS. Might use some of my profits from SOLO in there.
Reply 4524
Original post by Makaveli_The_Don

I noticed this just now too, although I think I need to research it before I think of investing.
Reply 4525
Just topped up in SOU. News due soon.
Reply 4526
x

vn2009
x

I used to have GGP on my watchlist, never bought in as previous results were a bit iffy in my opinion and the share seemed to be very off the radar for people. Still, good results gets people interested, and then invested.

Just bought into Desire myself (yes, i'm an idiot lol). Not ramping (do your own research) but reasons for me buying in; this is the highest COS well to have been drilled in the Falklands so far, 4% higher than Sea Lion and Rockhopper found oil there; and Desire know, they must hit oil soon, and if they do, this is likely to be the well.
Has anyone looked at CITIC pacific stock? they are on the OTC-US index......stock symbol CTPCY: US

Here is a link of a major project that is happening in Western Australia........http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/12/china-australia-mining-iron-coal

Very much a long term investment tho.
(edited 13 years ago)
So much volatility today. GGP hit 4p about 5 minutes ago. VAL appears to have lost some of its earlier gains now.

BAO nearly at 40p, good top-up opportunity IMO.

Orca you must be brave to take a punt on DES. Personally I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole but good luck to you nonetheless!
(edited 13 years ago)
Ok an update from me :smile:

Quite close to closing 1/14th of my GKP long, still think it might go up a bit from now in though, its retraced from the high but now creeping upwards, making me think analysts have pointed their finger up rather then down for the near future...

Also got into PAF at an average of about 10.6p. Really can't recommend this share enough it really is quite under the radar. Not for traders unfortunately, but if I wanted somewhere safe to keep my cash it would be invested in this company. Currently has a P/E ratio of 10, with a forward P/E ratio of 6. Meaning the SP should increase 80% by Q4 2011, reinforced by a new platinum mine commencing production at the same time. Such a safe company, 100,000 ounces of production, current profit margins of 40%. Oh what I would do with £££k... I really don't recommend stocks much, i.e. I wouldn't recommend any of the other companies I'm in but PAF is different - low volatility, stable business model with no signs of anything but growth for years to come.

Should have maybe closed Aviva (AV.) a few days ago but never mind, solid company with a solid dividend yield should save it from any trouble. Still in blue due to the dividend payment not so long ago.

And for the not so blue positions:

Also still waiting on MXP and GPX to boom, GPX should be steady, Goldman Sachs price target of 52p and 500p respectively, an IB who in my experience are not often wrong - e.g. they closed their long positions on man commodities e.g. copper and platinum on monday - we will see!

Have nothing else on my watchlist at the moment :frown: might short the euro out of boredom but thats probably a bad idea to be honest!
Original post by aeonflux

Orca you must be brave to take a punt on DES. Personally I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole but good luck to you nonetheless!

Same here, ever since the falklands started I watched to see if anything happened,then the first couple were dusters so I told myself I would never go near any of them. Good luck for RKH holders but as far as I can see picking one of the companies down there was like playing eenie meenie minie mo
Original post by Fynch101
Ok an update from me :smile:

Quite close to closing 1/14th of my GKP long, still think it might go up a bit from now in though, its retraced from the high but now creeping upwards, making me think analysts have pointed their finger up rather then down for the near future...

Also got into PAF at an average of about 10.6p. Really can't recommend this share enough it really is quite under the radar. Not for traders unfortunately, but if I wanted somewhere safe to keep my cash it would be invested in this company. Currently has a P/E ratio of 10, with a forward P/E ratio of 6. Meaning the SP should increase 80% by Q4 2011, reinforced by a new platinum mine commencing production at the same time. Such a safe company, 100,000 ounces of production, current profit margins of 40%. Oh what I would do with £££k... I really don't recommend stocks much, i.e. I wouldn't recommend any of the other companies I'm in but PAF is different - low volatility, stable business model with no signs of anything but growth for years to come.

Should have maybe closed Aviva (AV.) a few days ago but never mind, solid company with a solid dividend yield should save it from any trouble. Still in blue due to the dividend payment not so long ago.

And for the not so blue positions:

Also still waiting on MXP and GPX to boom, GPX should be steady, Goldman Sachs price target of 52p and 500p respectively, an IB who in my experience are not often wrong - e.g. they closed their long positions on man commodities e.g. copper and platinum on monday - we will see!

Have nothing else on my watchlist at the moment :frown: might short the euro out of boredom but thats probably a bad idea to be honest!

Thanks for this top post! I will do some research on PAF, sounds v.good nonetheless.....Looks like support at 10p
(edited 13 years ago)

thanks for the tip.....

I'm now undecided whether to invest in PAF or GGP.....will choose after research methinks
Reply 4533
I'm looking at TWL and seeing a 26% dive today with no news? Any ideas?!
Reply 4534
nice rise in rrl today :smile:
Reply 4535
Hey to all the regulars on this thread! I'm looking at investing some money myself and making it a regular thing once I've finished my first year exams here at uni!

It won't be such a massive amount at first compared to some of the figures ive seen on here reading through the thread, I'm doing it obviously to make money and for the experience as this is something that really interests me, then as my funds grow I could make more from it. As the summer is nearing I would have a lot of free time on my hands, and day trading sounds really exciting.

It seems like you guys are a tight little group here helping eachother out etc, So i'll keep an eye out on here.

Any help/tips to get started would be greatly appreciated, and if you wish to talk further do PM me :smile:

Thanks guys
Reply 4536
Yeah, i always said that i wouldn't touch Desire after the whole oil/water issue and the BODs being completely incompetent; but luckily, they do know how to drill a well, and have chosen a good one to drill to find oil. All a gamble i know, but i think the chances are better than ever for the Falklands.

Also, watch NTOG tomorrow, possibility of it going through the roof; i'm not invested but researched it about a week ago, and it looks undervalued; they released an RNS this afternoon and i can see it getting some big volumes tomorrow.
Original post by orca92
Yeah, i always said that i wouldn't touch Desire after the whole oil/water issue and the BODs being completely incompetent; but luckily, they do know how to drill a well, and have chosen a good one to drill to find oil. All a gamble i know, but i think the chances are better than ever for the Falklands.

Also, watch NTOG tomorrow, possibility of it going through the roof; i'm not invested but researched it about a week ago, and it looks undervalued; they released an RNS this afternoon and i can see it getting some big volumes tomorrow.

the RNS was released at 7:42....any particular reason you think it will explode tomorrow, whilst today it only rose by 10%???

was it just cos everyone apart from me was in SOLO??
Reply 4538
the RNS was released at 7:42....any particular reason you think it will explode tomorrow, whilst today it only rose by 10%???

was it just cos everyone apart from me was in SOLO??

Haha, when i was on the NTOG BB this afternoon they were all posting 'RNS' etc, i just presumed it had been released in the afternoon.

Well, the RNS was good news; they seem to have completed a massive deal from what i've gathered and it could be done within 4 weeks; and for a £10 million market cap company i think this could give them a lot more value. From the Chief Exec:

"We're working on deals that are more than ten-times the size of past deals in terms of both working interest and number of wells"

As i said, i researched the company and it seems undervalued and likely to increase in the long term; but short term tomorrow could be interesting.
Reply 4539
Anyone else in SOU or RRL?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending