The Student Room Group

The Official Stocks and Shares Thread

Scroll to see replies

Last chance to get into RKH!!
I believe this is the last chance to get into RKH before it shoots north!!
With an RNS coming (maybe Tuesday) i believe this will be the last chance of getting in!!

Glad i got in at 62p!!
Reply 1581
I've got an average of 121p on RKH but I topped up my original 67p holding. Still sitting on a 116% gain though :smile:
Cortez
I've got an average of 121p on RKH but I topped up my original 67p holding. Still sitting on a 116% gain though :smile:

Sounds good!!
Same i have topped up and got an average of about the 125 mark!
So like you im holding about 120% profit!!

You holding long term??
Or got a get out plan in mind!!

Personally im waiting untill it either hits the £6 mark or maybe even a takeover (depending on if the other wells hit the black stuff)!
Reply 1583
mini_lidi
Sounds good!!
Same i have topped up and got an average of about the 125 mark!
So like you im holding about 120% profit!!

You holding long term??
Or got a get out plan in mind!!

Personally im waiting untill it either hits the £6 mark or maybe even a takeover (depending on if the other wells hit the black stuff)!

I'm planning on holding fairly long term because I think this RNS will be good but we'll see.
aeonflux
Right well I just went for it - my first trade ever. Went for LLOY @ 57.38p. It's already dropped haha. But I'm not going to be too worried if it wobbles for a bit anyway, I'm in no rush to sell. Wish me luck :p:

Good luck. May I ask how much your holding?
If anything i would put a massive AVOID symbol on the banks at the moment. I believe there is still bad news to come for them. Especailly with an extremely shaky economy. Even though the Greece fracass will not effect the banks directly, but if their economy gets much worse then it will effect our economy much mor ethan it has, and then it will effect our banks as everythign revolves around money. That is my personal money and why i am staying away from banks. On top of this they still have lots of bad debts out there, and their own problems still in the uk, along with what other guys have said about their stupidly large share issues of recently, they would have to do something pretty amazing, and have little or no debt for the share price to double any time within a year. Therefore i think BIG NO NO!

Just my opinion, but do your own research guys!!!
blatchcorn
Good luck. May I ask how much your holding?

Not a lot, 850 shares so just under £500, just testing the water atm.
poop mta is going down like a brick. i might just sell come monday itll take me forever to recoup losses.
i first bought RKH at 13p and dumped it after 400% profit right after the DES catastrophe, lucky me i was able to get bk in again balls deep at 42p i am now nearly on 600%profit, i was thinking of holding for medium term only now i guess i will be goin long, but looking to top slice a tiny bit to get into XEL and DPL after the next RNS. i think i wont be buying in any FI oilies now , RKH alone will do me. if RKH hits £10 then i am a millionaire, i think university will be out of my way.
hangmanh
i first bought RKH at 13p and dumped it after 400% profit right after the DES catastrophe, lucky me i was able to get bk in again balls deep at 42p i am now nearly on 600%profit, i was thinking of holding for medium term only now i guess i will be goin long, but looking to top slice a tiny bit to get into XEL and DPL after the next RNS. i think i wont be buying in any FI oilies now , RKH alone will do me. if RKH hits £10 then i am a millionaire, i think university will be out of my way.

how much u holding on rkh??
Dont you just hate bank holidays when markets are closed on the monday lol??
Hi all,

Im new to the trading scene and would like some tips on where and how to research. At the moment im starting out on fantasy shares doing both stock trading and CFD. Are most people on here just buying normal shares with the view to them rising?

My main question is of research, I know and can appreciate why it is key but what is the best way of doing so? I want to focus my attention on oil and gas and the banking sector if at all possible so any newbie tips would be greatly appreciated!
Mitchy0283
Hi all,

Im new to the trading scene and would like some tips on where and how to research. At the moment im starting out on fantasy shares doing both stock trading and CFD. Are most people on here just buying normal shares with the view to them rising?

My main question is of research, I know and can appreciate why it is key but what is the best way of doing so? I want to focus my attention on oil and gas and the banking sector if at all possible so any newbie tips would be greatly appreciated!

read, read and read.
Any news articles and everything you can get your hands on. You can read discussions and stuff on advfn or google finance which is easy because you don't need to sign up or anything (i think)
aeonflux
Not a lot, 850 shares so just under £500, just testing the water atm.

You are more brave than me: £100 in Rolls-Royce and £200 in Glaxosmithkline. They have both gone up in value so I wish I was a bit more ambitious.
blatchcorn
You are more brave than me: £100 in Rolls-Royce and £200 in Glaxosmithkline. They have both gone up in value so I wish I was a bit more ambitious.

The thing that puts me off small transactions is the brokerage fees - if you have to pay £10 to buy the shares and another £10 to sell them, you need a 20% rise on a £100 holding just to break even. Good luck anyway, let us now how you get on!
Reply 1595
i don't understand why you guys go all in @ the beginning? if you think a stock will rise, put 10% of your initial position on first, and have buy stop orders along the way up.

Stop trying to pinpoint turns guys :smile:
also, you talk about commissions etc, why not just spreadbet?
www.igindex.com
Reply 1596
Amittomar
read, read and read.
Any news articles and everything you can get your hands on. You can read discussions and stuff on advfn or google finance which is easy because you don't need to sign up or anything (i think)

how about this: if you want to trade proper don't listen to anyone on forums, it the long run it damages you and you end up being dependent on others :smile:

My advice is get a spreadbetting account and trade SMALL. If you build your account up make your sizes bigger, Do not read books , unless it's market wizards. Also don't come under the false illusion that price is everything, or 'technical analysis' as some call it. Just dumbly tradign a price chart without really getting whats going on!
chartsy
how about this: if you want to trade proper don't listen to anyone on forums, it the long run it damages you and you end up being dependent on others :smile:

My advice is get a spreadbetting account and trade SMALL. If you build your account up make your sizes bigger, Do not read books , unless it's market wizards. Also don't come under the false illusion that price is everything, or 'technical analysis' as some call it. Just dumbly tradign a price chart without really getting whats going on!

So your giving advice on a forum, to a person looking for help on a forum, about not listening to people on forums. Hmmm...

And surely you should be quoting what he has/she has asked for, not what I have said, unless you're aiming this at me...
aeonflux
The thing that puts me off small transactions is the brokerage fees - if you have to pay £10 to buy the shares and another £10 to sell them, you need a 20% rise on a £100 holding just to break even. Good luck anyway, let us now how you get on!

I know £100 is stupidly small, but these really are very long-term investments I have made.
Ive decided to stay in :tongue:.

I kinda disagree with readings on bb as they can provide informed opinions however not to blind follow and as with any share it could go suddenly up or down so theres always risk especially with certain shares.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending