What happens if you fail a resit examination at undergraduate level (1st year) Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mickl84
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'm taking history.

Passed 5/6 modules.

Think I may have failed my final module resit.

Anybody been in the same situation?

Will they let me go through to the 2nd year and study the failed module alongside my 2nd year modules?
maxPP
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mickl84)
I'm taking history.

Passed 5/6 modules.

Think I may have failed my final module resit.

Anybody been in the same situation?

Will they let me go through to the 2nd year and study the failed module alongside my 2nd year modules?
Contact your advisor of studies. Whether they let you continue or not is dependant on the uni, the course and the module you failed. It's not uncommon for people to resit along with 2nd year, but this is usually when the module isn't necessary for progression of the course.
Razzamatazz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My boyfriend who goes to Plymouth uni let him through to next year with one failed module - he had to do it in his spare time I think.

I have just done my resits too - I had 2 failed modules out of 6. I get my results tomorrow. I think you'll be okay lots of luck?
cpchem
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This sort of thing is hugely university-dependent. The people I know who've failed a first year resit have either had to redo the entire year or drop out.
goodmen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My mate failed a first year resit and got to carry it on with his second year, he then failed the resit again (he found out today) and has to go in with a meeting. He may be getting kicked out of uni after passing his second year fine just because he messed around with his resit -_-. C ant help but laugh
mistermeowingtons
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If the module is a core module, then the approach taken at my University is to force you to take a year out, and take the exam again with those in the year below you in May/June. If you fail the exam this final time then you are kicked off the course.
Mickl84
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Razzamatazz)
My boyfriend who goes to Plymouth uni let him through to next year with one failed module - he had to do it in his spare time I think.

I have just done my resits too - I had 2 failed modules out of 6. I get my results tomorrow. I think you'll be okay lots of luck?

I passed. Yeyy.
Razzamatazz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So did I! Yaaay..
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads