how to log in to mmu email?

Watch
iheartmyart
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
hi, ive followed the instructions saying how to access the account but for some reason when i click on it it comes up with hotmail email which you cant put an mmu email into.
anyone know how to sort this problem?
joeyjey
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 12 years ago
Yes you can put an mmu e-mail into.
cheesoid
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by iheartmyart)
hi, ive followed the instructions saying how to access the account but for some reason when i click on it it comes up with hotmail email which you cant put an mmu email into.
anyone know how to sort this problem?
You go to Outlook.com

Put in your student email e.g.

[email protected]

then your password.

And as by magic, you are now logged in
ADavis1
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
I have the same problem, the password doesnt work on outlook but it does on the site.
davros123
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Go here and follow the instructions to change your password then you can log in via outlook

http://selfservice.mmu.ac.uk/iuadmin

Thanks
ADavis1
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Error

Internal Error - NWDSCOP RC=-319
Super Conor
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ADavis1)
Don't worry. I've got the same error message, I've emailed them but had no response yet.

It seems to be an error in the system.
larab09
Report 12 years ago
i cant log in on outlook or the site :/
sanukee
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
If your a first year student you cannot log in until you enrolled and have been given you student number 09XXXXXX. then your password is you Date of Birth with two numbers for the day, three letters starting with an upper-case letter for the month and two numbers for the year, for example 10Dec80.

The following shows the month abbreviations:
January - Jan
February - Feb
March - Mar
April - Apr
May - May
June - Jun
July - Jul
August - Aug
September - Sep
October - Oct
November - Nov
December - Dec

Although im telling you this information your better off just waiting till 21st Sept until your told your student number on ur ID card.
larab09
Report 12 years ago
yeah i get that bit! i've managed to change my password as well but when i actually try to sign in it either says error (when trying on outlook) or nothing at all on the actual site!
ADavis1
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
I managed to get on!
Heres why it was going wrong

"Please remember
that your new password has to be a minimum of 6 charactors and must contain at least one number and one uppercase letter." (Their bad spelling, not mine :P )

Passwords must have at least one capital letter and a number, then it goes "Success!" instead of the error, then go on outlook and fill in secret answer etc and you can see the emails There wasnt any important ones though

Hope this helped
larab09
Report 12 years ago
i've done all that!
i just cant log in even though i've changed the password and all that :/
ADavis1
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Your password has a CAPITAL and a number? Worked for me when I put in the capital letter
larab09
Report 12 years ago
yup a capital and two numbers.
the site said my password had been changed/accepted.
but when i tried to log in on outlook it said error incorrect username/password and on the other site it just didnt accept it at all :/
sanukee
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
I am actually having problems too enrolling online! and i'm a returing student! if u have dunn the above CAP and num8er then just email MMU with these details
1. Your full name
2. Student ID number
3. contact number.

contact our Enrolment Team on +44(0)161 247 5959 or send an email to [email protected]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (41)
23.7%
Note taking apps (5)
2.89%
Flashcards (31)
17.92%
Revision guides (5)
2.89%
Past papers (85)
49.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.47%

Watched Threads