This discussion is closed.
luciet2009
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Does anyone know when salford summer starts because according to the website they dont have a summer, im confused n want to book a holiday so need to know if and when salford ends for summer.
Simbazz
Report 10 years ago
Well I believe exams are around June time, maybe just before and after...

Salford doesn't officially have a summer because it stays open for over-sea people I think, or thats what I've been told.
luciet2009
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Simbazz)
Well I believe exams are around June time, maybe just before and after...

Salford doesn't officially have a summer because it stays open for over-sea people I think, or thats what I've been told.
Ok thanks alot
TekWarfare
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've been looking at the Academic year here: http://www.governance.salford.ac.uk/..._2013-2014.pdf

I'm interested in applying, but there are 3 semesters. Most universities have 2 semesters and finish around May/June, but the pdf doesn't show any signs of that. Can anyone that attends Salford university (preferably in their second, third or fourth year) enlighten me?
Shonasheep
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TekWarfare)
I've been looking at the Academic year here: http://www.governance.salford.ac.uk/..._2013-2014.pdf

I'm interested in applying, but there are 3 semesters. Most universities have 2 semesters and finish around May/June, but the pdf doesn't show any signs of that. Can anyone that attends Salford university (preferably in their second, third or fourth year) enlighten me?
From my understanding of it, most students only do semester 1 & 2, the 3rd semester is for the students that start their courses in January/February time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Janet, University of Salford
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi everyone
Yes, just to clarify, we do have a third semester but it's for courses that start in the new year, and also for Nursing/Midwifery courses, where you'll be on placements throughout the year, not just during term times! For other undergraduate courses which start in September, you wouldn't have the third semester.
Hope that helps
Janet
WinipegToo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does the research dept stay open all yr for PhD post grads
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (218)
70.32%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
18.71%
Yes but I might change my mind (34)
10.97%

Watched Threads