Mature students at University of Lincoln

Watch
falcieri
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi,

Looking for mature students going to Lincoln this September.

g_jinha
Report 11 years ago
Hi,

I'm starting in Lincoln in October...
Have you started already? How is it going?
MikeHodges
Report 11 years ago
I'm a mature student (first year) at the University of Lincoln.

What's your opinion of the University Experience so far?
falcieri
Hi there, I'm a first year at Lincoln too. So far it's been great. I haven't had any trouble fitting in with the younger students and there are a few other mature students as well so there has been a bit of balance.

For me, going to Uni as a mature student is the best thing I could have ever done. I feel able to manage my time, workload and relationships with both students and Uni staff without any concerns or problems and my grades are good so I'm really pleased I have made the choice.

Managing on the money is a different matter when you've been used to earning for years but I knew it wasn't going to be easy and at least I'm mature enough to be able to prioritise my finances too!

What course are you on and where are you based?

Hope everything's going well.
falcieri
ps sorry I haven't replied before guys, the system has only just let me know that someone replied to my thread! x
lebocat
Report 11 years ago
I'm a first year mature student at the University of Lincoln. I agree going to uni was the best thing I ever did! I get on great with the younger students on my course, but in the last few months I've got involved with the Mature & Postgrad Students "Society" (MAPS) (name tbc!), and have got to meet a few more people who are a bit more on my wavelength! It's still getting established, but we have regular get togethers over coffee in the Atrium, attend a weekly pub quiz in the Tower Bar and are planning more social events. There's also a monthly, more formal committee meeting where you can raise any issues relevant to you. We are always looking for new members so if you want to come and meet some other mature students, let me know, or keep an eye out for MAPS items on the daily alert. There's also a Blackboard Community site now which you can sign yourself up to.

I think when you're a mature student it can be hard to meet others, especially if you are only at the uni for lectures/seminars and not living on campus.
Dawney
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I start lincoln uni in September as a very mature student not living on campus also so will be joining the group when I do and look forward to meeting you all too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (74)
28.03%
England (91)
34.47%
Belgium (20)
7.58%
Germany (34)
12.88%
Spain (3)
1.14%