Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i havent seen one faculty tht kings has obtained less than 4 / 5*
    4 being national excellence
    i want to do a maths degree and for pure and applied maths it got 5 for both.
    its definately better than LSE
    but not as good as imperial and UCL

ReputationRep:
    Well of course it's better than LSE, LSE dosn't offer single honours Maths...

ReputationRep:
    I think the Times got it right when it described it as the sleeping giant of top academia. It really is in and around the top flight, but it doesnt get the credit it deserves perhaps. For some subjects it is truly top rate (law, history, philosophy, music) but I think some subjects let it down a lot.

I think that could be better for me when I go next year as it wont be full of the arrogance that some UCL/LSE/Oxbridge students have, which I HATE!!!!! (For proof of this arrogance at UCL, visit their own forum - some seem to be mistaken and think theyre goin to Harvard!!!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathematician)
    i havent seen one faculty tht kings has obtained less than 4 / 5*
    4 being national excellence
    i want to do a maths degree and for pure and applied maths it got 5 for both.
    its definately better than LSE
    but not as good as imperial and UCL
    Kings has a very good reputation.

ReputationRep:
    My firm choice is Mathematics at King's College. I would have prefered UCL, or even LSE if they offered a single honours degree for it. KCL is still in the top 10 though, and if it ain't, then it should be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReturnofGnostic)
    lol so very, very true
    Kings is wicked!!!
    im going there to read medicine.

ReputationRep:
    Kings is a really good uni like most people have said. But different strokes for different folks. There's enough uni's out there. If you don't like kings i'm sure nobody is twisting your arm to make you go there. I have an offer to study medicine there but i think i'm going to Southampton! Not because i don't like Kings but i've lived in London all my life and fancy a change.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.