racist chavs? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Daragh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We should know by now, most chavs are racist, if not all of them.
The police do do something, I despise when people say they do nothing, each officer spends 2 minutes a day taking statements, no wonder the streets are so safe, hang on, never mind . . .
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by lil penguin kid)
I agree with Technik, the police maybe bad, but in the end. Do you:

1) Report it to the police and take the chance of seeing what happens.
2) Not report and nothing happens.

I cant see what you have to lose.
indeed...not reporting it is just stupid and invites those responsible to continue.

reporting it might not lead to anyone getting caught, but it will give the police more stats on crime and where it occurs. that will only help them out.

of course, if you dont want to bother thats up to you. dont expect any help next time someone gives you a hiding.
Daragh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by no1topman)
well,if you have 15 people or so getting off the train saying nothing...ignoring it as a norm ( as i mentioned before )....and no people (train people..whatever you call them) to be their to help...its stupid...you can keep your opinion but untill your experience it....you wont realise the reality of the situation in some places

rgrds
People don't want to get involved, it is too dangerous now for people to get involved in things like that, its sad but true.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well,if you have 15 people or so getting off the train saying nothing...ignoring it as a norm ( as i mentioned before )....and no people (train people..whatever you call them) to be their to help...its stupid...you can keep your opinion but untill your experience it....you wont realise the reality of the situation in some places

rgrds
It is not about reality, you made this thread, we are giving you advice, our advice is you report it. Now what you do with that is up to you, but we cannot offer you a safety blanket im afraid. Not good reporting it to us, we cannot do anything about it.
technik
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

rgrds
everyones experienced crime or the effects of it.

i have family who are in the police, and its in somewhere a damn sight more dangerous than wilmslow. so i dont really appreciate you coming on here saying they do nothing just because you happened to be unlucky enough to get a kicking.
GreenMonstrosity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by technik)
indeed...not reporting it is just stupid and invites those responsible to continue.

reporting it might not lead to anyone getting caught, but it will give the police more stats on crime and where it occurs. that will only help them out.

of course, if you dont want to bother thats up to you. dont expect any help next time someone gives you a hiding.
What good will it do? How will he identify his attackers, or prove that they did indeed attack him? Oh yes, those who attacked him will "be encouraged to do it again" if he doesn't report it. I can imagine it..."Hi Topman, reported that thing we did to ya...No...well hell tell us where you are on friday night and we'll d it again". Don't be ridiculous.
What's Chico Time Precious?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by deej2)
We should know by now, most chavs are racist, if not all of them.
The police do do something, I despise when people say they do nothing, each officer spends 2 minutes a day taking statements, no wonder the streets are so safe, hang on, never mind . . .
What a load of boll*cks.

Chav this chav that, give it a bloody rest. Stereotyping people into one mass category of racist ***** is completely absurd and totally incorrect.

If you actually believe what you've just typed then I pity you. :-/
Daragh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Chiron)
What good will it do? How will he identify his attackers, or prove that they did indeed attack him? Oh yes, those who attacked him will "be encouraged to do it again" if he doesn't report it. I can imagine it..."Hi Topman, reported that thing we did to ya...No...well hell tell us where you are on friday night and we'll d it again". Don't be ridiculous.
Well apparently people were getting off a train, so train station CCTV, British Transport Police should be able to help there. Report it, Criminal Compensation Board will give you compensation for the damage and suffering caused! So I have been told.
no1topman
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
fair enuff mate,fair enuff.remember this :
1. if i report it they do know where i live...hmm problem?
2. Id much rather not deal with the consequences when reporting it,polcie giving a warning which is the 90% chance then my house being bricked....

anyway im off 2 revise,cheers for the advice anyway.

rgrds
technik
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
if you dont report it they are guaranteed to NOT get caught. if you know you arent going to get caught you are more likely do it again.
GreenMonstrosity
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Absolution)
What a load of boll*cks.

Chav this chav that, give it a bloody rest. Stereotyping people into one mass category of racist ***** is completely absurd and totally incorrect.

If you actually believe what you've just typed then I pity you. :-/
Who said he stereotyped them? Perhaps these particular "Chavs" were racist. I am appalled at the general indifference of people here. This person has just been attacked for heaven's sake. Can't you at least wait till tomorrow to tell him it's his fault?
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We do not have a time machine, we cannot turn back time so that does not happen. If you got attacked would you report it? If you get attacked, but do not report it, then what is moaning about it going to do? In the end, you chose to let them get away with it, so why moan?
technik
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
fair enuff mate,fair enuff.remember this :
1. if i report it they do know where i live...hmm problem?
2. Id much rather not deal with the consequences when reporting it,polcie giving a warning which is the 90% chance then my house being bricked....

anyway im off 2 revise,cheers for the advice anyway.

rgrds
ah so you criticise people for not helping you, yet you dont want to actually take it further incase it should come back to haunt you.

if you have any sense you'll report it.
no1topman
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
moan because....this shouldnt happen in the first place...

rgrds

actually goin nw!
Daragh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Who said he stereotyped them? Perhaps these particular "Chavs" were racist.
Thank you Chiron! If i could rep you I would.
I am speaking of my experience of chavs, and trust me, I have alot.
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
moan because....this shouldnt happen in the first place...

rgrds

actually goin nw!
You are hardly helping to stop it from happening.
GreenMonstrosity
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by technik)
ah so you criticise people for not helping you, yet you dont want to actually take it further incase it should come back to haunt you.

if you have any sense you'll report it.
I doubt you would have done a damn thing to help.
technik
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I doubt you would have done a damn thing to help.
indeed. i may not have. on the flipside i might have. who are you to say what i would or wouldnt have done?
What's Chico Time Precious?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Who said he stereotyped them? Perhaps these particular "Chavs" were racist. I am appalled at the general indifference of people here. This person has just been attacked for heaven's sake. Can't you at least wait till tomorrow to tell him it's his fault?
He's still alive isn't he? :-/

If this really did happen - this dude then starts ****ging off the police saying they do bugger all, they're useless etc... but then doesn't even report it or look to resolve it, what do you really expect people to say?

It's the equivalent of someone who does no revision for an exam, gets a poor grade and then complains about it. :-//
GreenMonstrosity
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by lil penguin kid)
You are hardly helping to stop it from happening.
LOOK it is NOT HIS fault. How does one person "stop it from happening" by reporting an incident which will sooner get him into trouble than it would sort it out? The problem is not withthe fact that the police are not getting enough reports for their files - they already have enough paper work. It is society that is at fault; it is the government, the education system, the social system, the spirit of the bloody age! You people say "why are you moaning about it here", well if I was attacked when minding my own business, I'd probably want to get it off my chest. I hope a similar thing happens to those of you who so unashamedly show your lack of sympathy.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (28)
25.93%
No - I got the required grades (66)
61.11%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (14)
12.96%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise