Turn on thread page Beta

racist chavs? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chiron)
    LOOK it is NOT HIS fault. How does one person "stop it from happening" by reporting an incident which will sooner get him into trouble than it would sort it out? The problem is not withthe fact that the police are not getting enough reports for their files - they already have enough paper work. It is society that is at fault; it is the government, the education system, the social system, the spirit of the bloody age! You people say "why are you moaning about it here", well if I was attacked when minding my own business, I'd probably want to get it off my chest. I hope a similar thing happens to those of you who so unashamedly show your lack of sympathy.
    has anyone said it was his fault?

i dont think anyone has said he was at fault for being a particular ethnic grouping, or for being in that area at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    indeed. i may not have. on the flipside i might have. who are you to say what i would or wouldnt have done?
    I am an agent of God, and can tell the future...I never actually categorically said what you would and would not do. I said "I doubt you would". Thereby, maintaining an element of doubt and speculation as opposed to assertion, in my statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej2)
    Thank you Chiron! If i could rep you I would.
    I am speaking of my experience of chavs, and trust me, I have alot.
    I'm speaking of my experience with chavs, and I have a lot, you seem not to though. :-/ If I could rep you, I would, don't expect any green gems anytime soon though.

I know of plenty of people you call chavs that are not racist in the slightest, wouldn't even think about beating up someone over race.
    Your arguement if thats what it is, is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    I am an agent of God, and can tell the future...I never actually categorically said what you would and would not do. I said "I doubt you would". Thereby, maintaining an element of doubt and speculation as opposed to assertion, in my statement.
    so really, as i suspected, they was no point or substance to that post?

ReputationRep:
    How do you know this was actually a racist attack? White chavs attack white people as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    I'm speaking of my experience with chavs, and I have a lot, you seem not to though. :-/ If I could rep you, I would, don't expect any green gems anytime soon though.

I know of plenty of people you call chavs that are not racist in the slightest, wouldn't even think about beating up someone over race.
    Whos aid it was an argument? There was no premise, proof or conclusion that i noticed. This person speaks of these particular "chavs", I did not once see him speak of all chavs. That is a straw man and an assumption on your part.

ReputationRep:
    LOOK it is NOT HIS fault. How does one person "stop it from happening" by reporting an incident which will sooner get him into trouble than it would sort it out? The problem is not withthe fact that the police are not getting enough reports for their files - they already have enough paper work. It is society that is at fault; it is the government, the education system, the social system, the spirit of the bloody age! You people say "why are you moaning about it here", well if I was attacked when minding my own business, I'd probably want to get it off my chest. I hope a similar thing happens to those of you who so unashamedly show your lack of sympathy.
    1) I never said it was his fault
    2) Who siad it could not happen to him again?
    3) Reporting it could make things worse, or make things better.
    4) If i got attacked, i'd report it. Who says they wont do it again if he does not report it anyway?
    5) I do feel sorry for him, but there is nothing i can do. My sympathy wont stop him getting attacked, or lock them chavs behind bars.

ReputationRep:
    so really, as i suspected, they was no point or substance to that post?
    On the contrary, there was both point and substance. Only the perspicacious can descern it. That I am afraid excludes you.

ReputationRep:
    the whole chav bit needs left out too really.

i suspect if i went outside and happened to pass you in the street you might think i was a chav too. i mean i have shaved hair, im wearing a footy top, a pair of nike shox trainers and the quintessential adidas tracksuit bottoms.

condemn me forever for i am bound to attack you.

ReputationRep:
    I hope a similar thing happens to those of you who so unashamedly show your lack of sympathy.
    That was a little uncalled for and pathetic.

We have shown sympathy to an extent, but if the guy isn't gonna do anything then it will happen again. He has the chance to stop this happening to other people, by doing nothing he is condoning their behaviour.

What if one of his friends gets attacked next week by the same group? He knew full well something could have been done, in other words he's being really quite selfish.
    Sympathise that.

ReputationRep:
    chavs attack anyone. some chavs tried to run me and my friend over and hit my friend! fortunately he's a bouncer and absolutely massive and knocked the wingmirror off without even flinching. and anyone can be racist.

i agree with the op about not reporting it because he doesn't want his windows bricked. in some places you do things differently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    How do you know this was actually a racist attack? White chavs attack white people as well.
    (Original post by no1topman)
    umm they called me a paki?with abt 15 people walking past saying or doing nothing.....its normal to me nowadays esp in this society where racism is a norm

rgrds

ReputationRep:
    the whole chav bit needs left out too really.

i suspect if i went outside and happened to pass you in the street you might think i was a chav too. i mean i have shaved hair, im wearing a footy top, a pair of nike shox trainers and the quintessential adidas tracksuit bottoms.

condemn me forever for i am bound to attack you.
    I do not judge a chav by how he or she dresses. As a matter of fact I possess some chav garb myself.

ReputationRep:
    I still don't understand where the racism comes into this. If some black men attacked me I would not treat it as a racist incident unless racist words were said towards me.

Personaly if it was me I would report it to the police, pathetic weedy chavs don't scare me at all. Indemdiate me yes but scare me no!

Edit I am not sure this racism is not wide spread, certainly the asians I know don't think its a problem. I've not really seen any of it at university or even college. There a bit at school but that was banter.

However in certain towns I know racisim is a very very big problem.

ReputationRep:
    Whos aid it was an argument? There was no premise, proof or conclusion that i noticed. This person speaks of these particular "chavs", I did not once see him speak of all chavs. That is a straw man and an assumption on your part.
    I don't think so, it was...deej2 that made such sweeping statements, you chose to quote me quoting deej2, make up your mind what you are trying to achieve hmm?

I would never make such statements because I know they are complete boll*cks.

ReputationRep:
    On the contrary, there was both point and substance. Only the perspicacious can descern it. That I am afraid excludes you.
    looks like someone regrets giving me positive reputation earlier. i guess you were expecting some back in return and are now furious that it didnt happen

ReputationRep:

Hw can you question my experience of chavs? I go to school with plenty of people you call chavs, Manchester is full of them, most people IF NOT ALL people have had experience of chavs. How many people have had positive experience of chavs? My friend has been jumped 3 times by chavs, Not once has a chav came up and offered us cups of tea! If I wanted an argument I would be in D&D debating about chavs in there.

ReputationRep:
    That was a little uncalled for and pathetic.

We have shown sympathy to an extent, but if the guy isn't gonna do anything then it will happen again. He has the chance to stop this happening to other people, by doing nothing he is condoning their behaviour.

What if one of his friends gets attacked next week by the same group? He knew full well something could have been done, in other words he's being really quite selfish.
    Sympathise that.
    I ask you again what I asked earlier; how does he describe his attackers and prove that they were indeed his attackers? It is an incident that he will most probably have to simply let go. These things happen to all of us from time to time. Reporting it would do nothing in the big picture, except add to police paper work. Supposing this was a one off event, and they have no intention of doing it again? In that case then his reporting it would not exactly "prevent future attacks". You people have watched a few too many Westerns methinks, where "the bad guy gets put away for good and the town lives happily ever after".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    chavs attack anyone. some chavs tried to run me and my friend over and hit my friend! fortunately he's a bouncer and absolutely massive and knocked the wingmirror off without even flinching. and anyone can be racist.

i agree with the op about not reporting it because he doesn't want his windows bricked. in some places you do things differently.
    The police dont do ****, my parents own a shop in a predominantly white area where its always these chavs ****ing around, calling the police doesnt solve anything we must of called them hundreds of times and they've come down only 10% of the time.

ReputationRep:
    looks like someone regrets giving me positive reputation earlier. i guess you were expecting some back in return and are now furious that it didnt happen
    On the contrary my dear, I gave you positive reputation knowing it would make little difference to your rating. You are not important enough for me to bear a grudge, don't flatter yourself

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.