Turn on thread page Beta

liking a guy watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What would you do if you liked a guy and he was a year older than you. You flirted with him and he really responeded but you dont wanna ruin the friendship you have with him and you want to take it futher but dont know what he'll say.

ReputationRep:
    Just keep doing what you are doing now, alittle flirting here and there, whatever works. It will happen if it is meant to.

ReputationRep:
    Men aren't totally blind, just kinda stupid some/all the time. Keep to a regular pattern, yet do try to throw in something unexpceted every once in a while. Accidentally kissing him wouldn't hurt, and it always lays the path for an oopsy tongue down the throat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Just keep doing what you are doing now, alittle flirting here and there, whatever works. It will happen if it is meant to.
    But there is the danger of impatience. Believe me you want to be patient! Not a nice experience when you come out with it and admit your feelings only to get turfed and have it almost destroy your friendship... of course it's repairable (repaired in my case) but it was a big mess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Men aren't totally blind, just kinda stupid some/all the time. Keep to a regular pattern, yet do try to throw in something unexpceted every once in a while. Accidentally kissing him wouldn't hurt, and it always lays the path for an oopsy tongue down the throat.
    Ok I have to learn that trick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Ok I have to learn that trick.
    Need someone to practise with? Maybe my tongue can wander :p:p

ReputationRep:
    Beating him over the head with a baseball bat is surprisingly effective too. "Repeat after me. 'I love you Mary Jane, I will ALWAYS love you.' and then we may see about getting you to a hospital"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Beating him over the head with a baseball bat is surprisingly effective too. "Repeat after me. 'I love you Mary Jane, I will ALWAYS love you.' and then we may see about getting you to a hospital"
    Bam!*falls off chair* good one!

ReputationRep:
    now hes totally ignoring me
    whatever
    i dont think the kissing things gonna work
    but ill take one right now

ReputationRep:
    Right... Don't let him ignore you. Go find him and tell him you really need to have a word. Whatever you do, don't chicken out. Take him somewhere away from pricked ears and tell him the situation. It could just be that he feels the same way toward you. Christ thats how I got to be with my adorable g/f right now. (I was the gutless one btw) Just be sure to tell him in plain terms that he can't misinterpret somehow (men are stupid remember) and then give it a day or so before getting back to him. Thats assuming of course that he doesn't just pick you up and begin kissing you with a passion unfelt since the... ok too many romance novels for me. You get my point I hope. Don't chicken out though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alxyblueyedbabe)
    now hes totally ignoring me
    whatever
    i dont think the kissing things gonna work
    but ill take one right now
    well, make him notice you. like, don't let him get away until you tell him what you have to tell him.

ReputationRep:
    thankx
    ur girl sure is lucky

ReputationRep:
    at this rate we should have a problem page section on these forums. I have a similar situation theres this guy I really like I used to work with him so I thought no romance at work its too big a complication.
    Anyway I have gone to uni and kept in touch with him flirty texts etc. I can tell he is interested but I dont know what to do. He has texted me after we have gone out and said that he regretted that nothing happened. Also added complication he also has a girlf who is at uni elsewhere and I dont know whether he is still with her and it is pretty difficult to casually drop into the conversation. I wont see him if he is still with her I'm not the cheating type but to be honest a long distance thing would really suit me at the moment so i am interested. Also if I did date him could I trust him seeing as he has been flirting like hell with me while dating her.

Its really complicated when you are already friends with someone. If you move into the realm of dating them it is really hard to regain the friendship if you split.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    at this rate we should have a problem page section on these forums. I have a similar situation theres this guy I really like I used to work with him so I thought no romance at work its too big a complication.
    Anyway I have gone to uni and kept in touch with him flirty texts etc. I can tell he is interested but I dont know what to do. He has texted me after we have gone out and said that he regretted that nothing happened. Also added complication he also has a girlf who is at uni elsewhere and I dont know whether he is still with her and it is pretty difficult to casually drop into the conversation. I wont see him if he is still with her I'm not the cheating type but to be honest a long distance thing would really suit me at the moment so i am interested. Also if I did date him could I trust him seeing as he has been flirting like hell with me while dating her.

Its really complicated when you are already friends with someone. If you move into the realm of dating them it is really hard to regain the friendship if you split.
    true. sometimes, it's really better if you pursue or you are pursued by someone who isn't really your friend yet. And losing or getting all akward with a friend, especially if the friend is a really good one, is one of the most saddening things in life.

Probably you have to check first whether he responded to your flirting because he's really interested, or maybe it was just harmless flirting. And if he is interested, then carefully decide whether you want to take your relationship to the next level, but look at the risks/consequences that you have to take/face... and see if it would be better if you would just remain as friends.

ReputationRep:
    thats the thing its a fine line, I think if nothing happens with him then I will regret it. But then I'm going to regret getting involved with him if he has a girlf. He def fancies me but I'm not sure whether his behaviour is just attention seeking because his girlf hasnt paid enough attention to him recently. Oh plus he has only ever been out with brunettes and I am not a brunette. Oh well I guess I'll see what happens in the xmas hols.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    thats the thing its a fine line, I think if nothing happens with him then I will regret it. But then I'm going to regret getting involved with him if he has a girlf. He def fancies me but I'm not sure whether his behaviour is just attention seeking because his girlf hasnt paid enough attention to him recently. Oh plus he has only ever been out with brunettes and I am not a brunette. Oh well I guess I'll see what happens in the xmas hols.
    hmm... entertain him, but don't get involved until he has broken up with the other girl. because it would be unfair for you and the other party.

ReputationRep:
    exactly it is tempting but i cant ever get involved with someone who has a girlf. i unwittingly have done it once before as in the guy didnt tell me he had had a girlf for 2 yrs and I felt guilty enough then and nothing really happened. I would feel awful if I knowingly cheated.
    Has anyone here knowingly or unknowingly cheated?

ReputationRep:
    Define cheating in that respect. If say he/she was going to leave their partner anyway, and you I dunno say helped sway the decision by not sleeping with them, but spending an inordinate amount of time with them. Would that mean he/she is cheating on their partner? Does there have to be an official break up kinda thing happening? Please do post a reply here, you've got me very curious with that one viviki.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here knowingly or unknowingly cheated?[/QUOTE]

I hope I never find myself answering 'yes' to that one.

ReputationRep:
    Just go for it - believe it or not, men like the attention.

Well, I do anyway.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.