Peter!
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
A quick question, do they provide cooking utensils in the communal kitchens or do students have to provide their own?
bluenoxid
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bring your own. Anything left around is manky. I'm sure they clear them out
jd221
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Whats it like for the self catered people, i cant find any info on it at all because its all about the catered people.

how many people is there to a corridor, bathroom and kitchen?

Also is there a dining or living area within the corridor?
Vee31011
Report 10 years ago
I was getting really worried about self catered at castle leazes but then I read this and now my minds at rest and im dead exciiitttteeddd !!!

"Self Catering At Castle Leazes
Blocks within Castle Leazes have been converted for use as self-catered accommodation. Rooms are situated on corridors, with approximately 10 rooms to a floor. Kitchens contain full sized cooker, refrigerator and freezer (with dedicated shelf space for each resident), microwave, kettle and toaster, and each resident has a lockable cupboard. Vacuum cleaners are also provided. A separate dining room is situated opposite the kitchen.

Kitchens are provided with equipment packs (full details available from the hall on request) and students are also provided with individual crockery/cutlery packs.

Self-catered students at Castle Leazes are entitled to make use of all the common room areas within Hall, i.e. bar, tv rooms, games rooms etc. They can also partake of the catering service either on a day by day basis, paying at the counter, or alternatively a number of other pre-booked options will be available."

Thats from the newcastle accomodation website under castle leazes btw....though one thing, it says im in a catered room?So do i get what it says above? I shall ring and find out tommorrow!!

HCL E324 Coquet House, Eustace Percy Hall!!woop xxx
linkdapink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't think you'll get anything if you're catered. Actually, definatly not. We had a kitchen with a table in it, but it was very very small. I don't remember spending much time in the kitchen though, and didn't really eat as a group on evenings (not in the "dining area" - we would eat in rooms). You get the bar etc

I MISS LEAZES! TAKE ME BACK!!!
Peter!
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'm self-catered though....I'm gonna take one of those cooking pack things from a camping store, small and has like a frying pan and 3 pots
linkdapink
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Completely off topic. For all you non-freshers, search "exhibition park" in google maps, and you'll see at the bottom, there is a green "Castle Leazes" with a tree next to it. When you click on it, there's a picture of a Castle?! What the hell? This castle doesn't exist!?
bluenoxid
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by linkdapink)
Completely off topic. For all you non-freshers, search "exhibition park" in google maps, and you'll see at the bottom, there is a green "Castle Leazes" with a tree next to it. When you click on it, there's a picture of a Castle?! What the hell? This castle doesn't exist!?
Can you link the image. I want a laugh :yep:
linkdapink
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?source...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Sorry its been so late! If you move down, away from the "pond" then you'll see it. Very strange.
Troubled_Student
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
HCLF735A , Eustace Percy Hall
What on earth does this mean? Do I remove the CLF to make H735, Eustace Percy Hall? This is what everyone seems to be posting on the FB page...
:confused:
JClive
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Troubled_Student)
HCLF735A , Eustace Percy Hall
What on earth does this mean? Do I remove the CLF to make H735, Eustace Percy Hall? This is what everyone seems to be posting on the FB page...
:confused:
I have HCLF too before my number, am in Castle Leazes too!

I think H is Hall and CL is Castle Leazes and F is Floor? then the room number and not sure what letter stands for after numbers.
helen100
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Are there more people on your floor if you go catered at castle leazes? Is it more sociable to go catered and have more people on your floor or to go self catered and have a dining room that could be used as a common room?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Northumbria University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Northumbria University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (76)
67.26%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.58%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed