The Student Room Group

Tinted Moisturiser, preferably good but cheap! Know any?

I suffer from dry skin as a result of wearing foundation (currently using L'Oreal True Match), however i would like to switch to tinted moisturiser if poss to reduce the dryness, my skin is pretty good as i'm on the pill and don't get many spots and things. The only one i've really looked at is Boots' No.7 range one, which is still £10.50. It also appears to be a 'one-size-fits-all' shade (i'm quite pale, see profile pic), are there any that distinguish?

Anyone know of any resonably priced ones on the market which don't make you look orange?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I use Benefit's "You Rebel" it's not cheap (I think it's about £20? Can't remember) but it is really good. It really stops my skin drying as I find foundation dries my skin (particularly on my nose and forehead) and it has an SPF of 15 in it too! Don't know if this helps? Hope so! :biggrin:

Oh and it's a nice colour too!
I use olay's total effects touch of sunshine. It's brilliant, I love it! Expensive though :frown:
Quite cheap but use a boots botanics one. One size fits all again but i find it works really well.
Reply 4
why don't you just mix your normal foundation with mosturizer? O_o
Reply 5
Tesco, Skin Wisdom "Visibly Radiant Tinted Moisturiser". Dunno the price but it's quite cheap, and I've been using it for ages (try, years) and I've never had any problems.
Reply 6
NiceWeatherForAirstrikes
I suffer from dry skin as a result of wearing foundation (currently using L'Oreal True Match), however i would like to switch to tinted moisturiser if poss to reduce the dryness, my skin is pretty good as i'm on the pill and don't get many spots and things. The only one i've really looked at is Boots' No.7 range one, which is still £10.50. It also appears to be a 'one-size-fits-all' shade (i'm quite pale, see profile pic), are there any that distinguish?

Anyone know of any resonably priced ones on the market which don't make you look orange?

The No. 7 tinted moisturiser is subtle (well it was on my friend). She tried it on and it looked good - she also said that you only need a bit and it blends easily. If you buy a couple of things from Boots, you get a £5 off No. 7 products voucher, so use that, and it will only cost you £5.50. I have a £5 off voucher atm and I am going tomorrow to buy it myself. :biggrin:
Reply 7
Avon Personal Match. £7. Great for pale skin, comes in multiple shades, and has an SPF. End of thread :smile:

Edited because apparently they don't make it anymore!!! Noooo!! :frown: Have already written to them to express my dissatisfaction :frown:

So anyway, in the meantime (until I manage to get it reinstated :tongue: :biggrin: ) I'd recommend any of Estée Lauder's tinted moisturisers. Not half as cheap though :frown:
Reply 8
Avon.
I use tinted moisturiser all the time and normally use Stila (which I don't think is available in the UK - I get it from Sephora) but in a pinch if I run out, I buy the cheapo Boots brand, Natural Collection. It's a tiny little tube, but it's only £1.95, and swear to god it actually looks decent. (I think the Fair shade is the palest.)
Benefits 'you rebel' - veryyy good
Reply 12
As someone says above, mix your foundation in with a moisturiser, prefrebly (sp?) a light moisturiser, you dont want to be mixing it in with a thick creamy one or it will never settle, you've then got a perfect colour match as you know your shade of foundation. :smile:
Reply 13
I'm agreeing with the Benefits You Rebel! In the "lite" shade. It is maybe expensive compared to others, but I swear it lasts for aaggess!! Put it on 5 or 10 minutes before you're leaving the house or applying any other make-up though as it doesn't really instantly absorb into your skin. Well that's in my experience anyway.
I use the boots one you are talking about in "fair" and I am EXTREMEMLY pale aha (profile pic as proof :P) and it works fine.

I'm pretty sure there is a "fair" and "medium" one so there is a slight choice in colours but the fair one works fine on me and I'm practically transparent also it has 15spf built in :smile:
Cheap - Glow Job Soap and Glory - I LOVE this. You really do glow without being orange and sparkly, and I'm very pale. £7.87

Not so cheap - Clarins Hydra Care Tinted Moisturiser (think it's about £25) - it's brill, really sheer but covers imperfections and it's lovely on your skin.
Reply 16
Good suggestions there!
I found that the only one that looked right on me was one a made myself!

Get a good moisturiser, and a liquid foundation that suits your skin tone, but as it gets mixed you can go slighty darker.

Then just mix the foundation into the moisturiser. Make sure to get all the lumps etc out!!

Its a good trick, especially if your broke!
Reply 17
As metioned above! Use a light moisturiser!
Reply 18
No 7 tinted moisturiser is amazing, bit pricey but with all the vouchers and stuff at the moment you can get it for about £6.
Reply 19
This, although it isn't cheap...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending