The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Nutta!
grad medicine is hard.

i wont be surprised if they gave you unconditional due to A level grades.

All im saying is you could have retaken english and got in.

YES YOU COULD HAVE GOT IN

Your gcses would have been like- the underdog... i got C's but i cracked A level, given you a chance...

ffs, not what i want to hear, not now. I need to look on the bright side though. i feel quite pissed off now, everyone (teachers), said do not apply to medicine because your GCSE's are ****, not in them words but you get the idea. I wish i had appplied to say 3 medicine courses, but also still applied for 2 Bio med courses. too late now though.
Reply 61
kflynn
work really really really hard. :p: , still look back at my GCSE's and regreat 2 wasted years of my life. :frown:

=( aw yea same happened with my sister, thats why i dont want to make the same mistkaes as her, did you resit your AS/A-level btw?
Dr Acula
When do you take the UKCAT? Between year 12 and 13?

Testing starts around the end of the AS year, July 7th I think, and runs till September/October of that year.

For Unis like -UCL, ICL, Oxford and Cambridge, you sit a different admissions test called BMAT. Testing for this takes place in the first week of November in your A2 year.
Reply 63
Nutta!
erm- dont be?

i would hate to go to uni from home

Malsy
At the end of year 12; as many apply in October (of the A2 year) so must be done before.

Hippysnake
Testing starts around the end of the AS year, July 7th I think, and runs till September/October of that year.

For Unis like -UCL, ICL, Oxford and Cambridge, you sit a different admissions test called BMAT. Testing for this takes place in the first week of November in your A2 year.

:hugs: Thank you for being very nice on a very horrible day.
Reply 64
Hippysnake

What is an awesome BMAT score, something like 23?
Reply 65
Hi I achieved an A* in Additional Science but a B in core science. But I will be retaking the core as a mistake was made. If i was to apply with an A*/B nd rest of my GCSE's all A* and A would I have a good chance in getting into medical school.
Reply 66
Dr Acula

Chin up, your GCSEs are absolutely fine, imo. :biggrin:
Reply 67
Dr Acula

my bro nailed his gcses im just feeking nostalgic
Reply 68
I got 3A* 3A's and 3B's i also got a distincition in business and i.ct. which is equivalent to 4A's and 2A*s do you think these will be good enough to get into medicine. And when asked do you think i should add my 4a's and 2A* in business and i.ct to the rest of my gcse results
Reply 69
Malsy
Chin up, your GCSEs are absolutely fine, imo. :biggrin:

I was expecting a bit better, but I'm just pushing past it and hoping to do MUCHOS better next year, thanks again, I think I'm just a bit down because I desperately wanted to stay in London, and Medicine being such a competitive course I sort of knew when I got my grades it would be hard to get a place unless I did a sort of "100 UMS in all modules" next year :o:
Reply 70
Nutta!
my bro nailed his gcses im just feeking nostalgic

Yeah, I saw the other thread, and went green. :p:
Dr Acula
What is an awesome BMAT score, something like 23?

Yep. Don't underestimate the BMAT though. Or the UKCAT for that matter.
Reply 72
Hippysnake
Yep. Don't underestimate the BMAT though. Or the UKCAT for that matter.

I've seen some questions, and it did look disgustingly hard... just got to try now :o:
Reply 73
I got 6 A*s and 5 As which I am really happy with :smile: :woo: , but is it worth me applying for Birmingham who want 7 A*? Do I have a chance?
Reply 74
Dr Acula
I was expecting a bit better, but I'm just pushing past it and hoping to do MUCHOS better next year, thanks again, I think I'm just a bit down because I desperately wanted to stay in London, and Medicine being such a competitive course I sort of knew when I got my grades it would be hard to get a place unless I did a sort of "100 UMS in all modules" next year :o:

London is not the only place available to do Medicine; and sometimes things just don't always go your way but you have to stay positive and brush it off. Also remember next year is going to be much harder than any GCSE, and even though there may be people around you that have done better at GCSE, it doesn't necessarily reflect how well they'll do next year. Work hard next year and concentrate on getting the more important a level grades as they are as I said more important and if you don't get them, then there's a problem.
:smile:
DR.music
I got 6 A*s and 5 As which I am really happy with :smile: :woo: , but is it worth me applying for Birmingham who want 7 A*? Do I have a chance?

They're really anal about getting less than 7A*s, so I suggest approaching them with caution, preferrably with body armour and an axe.
Reply 76
Malsy
London is not the only place available to do Medicine; and sometimes things just don't always go your way but you have to stay positive and brush it off. Also remember next year is going to be much harder than any GCSE, and even though there may be people around you that have done better at GCSE, it doesn't necessarily reflect how well they'll do next year. Work hard next year and concentrate on getting the more important a level grades as they are as I said more important and if you don't get them, then there's a problem.
:smile:

I know its not the only place... :sigh: But :london: !!!

Thanks, feeling much better, not all hope is lost... (hopefully), hope hope hope hope... and some more hope.
yayyyyy
i gottt
7A*'s and 4 A's (damn that 1% in physics *>.>)
but omgoshh im sooo happy
i can approach birmingham without a book of spells and chain maille haha :biggrin: :biggrin: :yep:
Reply 78
RyuHADOUKEN
yayyyyy
i gottt
7A*'s and 4 A's (damn that 1% in physics *>.>)
but omgoshh im sooo happy
i can approach birmingham without a book of spells and chain maille haha :biggrin: :biggrin: :yep:

lol!!
Congratulations! :woo:
thank youuuu :biggrin:
its sooo wierd though :|
i was FULLY stressing about english but physics was supposed to be my forte haha
just goes to show you never really can tell to be honest :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending