Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    the other day i got a letter from durham telling me the course i wanted to do (european studies and spanish) had been discontinued. i'm gutted: durham is my top choice and the course was exactly what i was looking for.

i'm now going to reapply at durham for combined studies. in my letter it said i could study spanish, politics and sociology as part of this programme, however, when i go to enter my details into the reapplication form, i have to choose between combined studies in arts and combined studies in social sciences. i want to do both like my letter said i could. there is no 'extra course details' box on the reapplication form. i e-mailled [email protected] on sunday but i've had no reply and i want to get my form back to them asap. do i just apply for one or the other (they both have separate ucas codes)? there's nowhere for me to give any indication of which subjects i wish to study! do i apply for social sciences or arts?

i'm getting very confused! please help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkegokane)
    the other day i got a letter from durham telling me the course i wanted to do (european studies and spanish) had been discontinued. i'm gutted: durham is my top choice and the course was exactly what i was looking for.

i'm now going to reapply at durham for combined studies. in my letter it said i could study spanish, politics and sociology as part of this programme, however, when i go to enter my details into the reapplication form, i have to choose between combined studies in arts and combined studies in social sciences. i want to do both like my letter said i could. there is no 'extra course details' box on the reapplication form. i e-mailled [email protected] on sunday but i've had no reply and i want to get my form back to them asap. do i just apply for one or the other (they both have separate ucas codes)? there's nowhere for me to give any indication of which subjects i wish to study! do i apply for social sciences or arts?

i'm getting very confused! please help!
    I would ring them up and make them answer your queries. If you are still at school, surely your teacher in charge of UCAS would do it for you. Durham has annoyed many people by closing a number of departments so I think it is under an obligation to help you as much as possible. Personally, I wouldn't be interested in somewhere which has behaved as it has done, but if you still want to go, make its admissions office sort you out.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.