Nottingham
This thread is closed

The Nottingham 2010 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
thisyear!
im doing american and english studies :smile:
do you know if hugh stewarts full up??

Yays! :biggrin: I actually can't wait for it!
I couldn't tell you although I've heard it's one of the most popular, so I'd check it out as soon as you can to make sure you get a room :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
komachi
Yeah probably :biggrin: I'm really excited for Wednesday.. I get to see it for the first time. Aw it's a shame you didn't see any.. people I know said you get to see a couple of halls and it's usually Cripps and HuStu (neither of which I've applied for).

Yeah we got to look at Cripps but I haven't applied for it either :/ I thought it looked a little bit old fashioned tbh! Hopefully some of the others are a bit more modern though
Where are you from anyway? I noticed you're from North Yorkshire and i live right on the border :smile:
Reply 722
Eshani
hey sorry bit of a late reply, havent been on here in ages either lol...yea got my offer from notts finally lool yey!
umm i'd go and visit them both and then look at the offers/ also course outlines and rankings in subject area...if it were just by the course, id personally go fr the one in loughbourugh, i'm kinda having trouble deciding on my firms atm too...between notts and ucl...its so hard coz the courses are really different aswell..well atleast v hav till may to decide this stuff!!

hiya, woo hoo congrats :-)
it was hard for me to choose but in the end i chose QM as my insurance! what is the course at UCL.. i can imagine it being difficult for you!! have you visited both of them.. when are you going to start applying for accommodation cause if you do firm notts remember its first come first serve isnt it lol
Reply 723
emunkweedos
Yeah we got to look at Cripps but I haven't applied for it either :/ I thought it looked a little bit old fashioned tbh! Hopefully some of the others are a bit more modern though
Where are you from anyway? I noticed you're from North Yorkshire and i live right on the border :smile:

Really? Hm yeah I guess it is a pretty old building. Yeah about half are quite modern I think, but I think buildings like HuStu and Florence Boot which are more traditional look nicer actually :smile:
I'm from Richmond :smile: What about you?
Heya, has anyone here had an offer from nottingham to do physiotherapy, and going to their UCAS application open day on the 17th march?
Thanks x
Arnatt2010
Heya, has anyone here had an offer from nottingham to do physiotherapy, and going to their UCAS application open day on the 17th march?
Thanks x

I'm going on the 17th but not for physiotherapy
komachi
Really? Hm yeah I guess it is a pretty old building. Yeah about half are quite modern I think, but I think buildings like HuStu and Florence Boot which are more traditional look nicer actually :smile:
I'm from Richmond :smile: What about you?

Yeah I know what you mean, you might like Cripps I dunno, I just personally thought it looked old :smile:
and I was hoping i'd know where you lived haha but I don't have a clue! Where's it near? I live quite near Burnley if you know where that is lol
Reply 727
when you know your halls go on the notts uni week one website (search it in google) and you can see which parties your halls have in freshers so you know what fancy dress to take lol
Reply 728
They're for last year though, they'll probably change.
Reply 729
Heeeey!

Name: Kostas
Course chosen: Msc Finance and Investments
Other choices: Non! Nottingham Rocks!!!

Anyone else taking this course or plans to be at business school of Nots?
Reply 730
Ceecee31
hiya, woo hoo congrats :-)
it was hard for me to choose but in the end i chose QM as my insurance! what is the course at UCL.. i can imagine it being difficult for you!! have you visited both of them.. when are you going to start applying for accommodation cause if you do firm notts remember its first come first serve isnt it lol

oo ok, the course at ucl is information management for business...yeaa just visited notts yesterday actually...seems gd..im still torn between the two but i'm kinda leaning towards ucl...i dunno lol, hav u applied for accommodation, i really dunno how to apply and stuff!!
Reply 731
If I put Nottingham as my insurance and then don't meet the grades for my firm, how likely is it that I could get a room in Cripps or Derby? Will I get shoved into some nasty flat off-campus?
flat off campus aren't nasty...but depends if people fail to get their require grade or not.
Reply 733
skotch
If I put Nottingham as my insurance and then don't meet the grades for my firm, how likely is it that I could get a room in Cripps or Derby? Will I get shoved into some nasty flat off-campus?

cripps very unlikely. derby more likely, but its usually rutland and sherwood that are leftover
Reply 734
Eshani
oo ok, the course at ucl is information management for business...yeaa just visited notts yesterday actually...seems gd..im still torn between the two but i'm kinda leaning towards ucl...i dunno lol, hav u applied for accommodation, i really dunno how to apply and stuff!!

Lol, im sure you'll choose the one that is right for you. Yeah ive applied no hanging about lol. im going for self - catered and chose st peters court
Reply 735
emunkweedos
Yeah I know what you mean, you might like Cripps I dunno, I just personally thought it looked old :smile:
and I was hoping i'd know where you lived haha but I don't have a clue! Where's it near? I live quite near Burnley if you know where that is lol

Yeah, well I've been on the open day now and even though I only saw Florence Boot from the outside it looked really nice ^-^
Haha, well tbh it's not really near any major cities, I suppose the closest would be Middlesbrough.. it's sort of on the outskirts of North Yorkshire. I can't wait to leave it tbh XD
I have absolutely no idea where that is lol! My knowledge of UK geography is quite poor
Reply 736
got a letter saying they were Recommending me to ucas for a standard off on weds (dated the 9th)......... so anyone know how long they take for track to update.....grinds my gears as I wanna get my accom sorted
Reply 737
Ceecee31
Lol, im sure you'll choose the one that is right for you. Yeah ive applied no hanging about lol. im going for self - catered and chose st peters court

rite how come u dint go for the ones on the jubilee campus itself?
Reply 738
Wanischa
flat off campus aren't nasty...but depends if people fail to get their require grade or not.

Yeh, but the fact is, I really want to be in halls with loads of people!
Reply 739
Eshani
rite how come u dint go for the ones on the jubilee campus itself?

heya, i didnt choose the ones on jubilee campus because they are catered and id prefer to buy my own food and i dont have to move out during the breaks.. also cause its the closest self - catered accom that has en suite too :smile:

Latest