Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    After so many years of chronic underinvestment its very nice to see the rewards of large scale investment and reform in the NHS. Lower waiting times, more staff and beds.

Lets hope the public see this and don't vote in the other lot who'll undo all this. On my clinical firm I saw that they actually had more empty beds than occupied ones for the first time :eek: !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkonline)
    After so many years of chronic underinvestment its very nice to see the rewards of large scale investment and reform in the NHS. Lower waiting times, more staff and beds.

Lets hope the public see this and don't vote in the other lot who'll undo all this. On my clinical firm I saw that they actually had more empty beds than occupied ones for the first time :eek: !

Yeah... but the hospitals are cutting back on too much to try and get their waiting lists down. My mother is at risk of glaucoma - could go blind - and the local hospital stopped sorting out her medication so they could cut down on waiting times for surgery. The only thing is they didn't pass on her details to her doctor so she had to run around for a week to sort out her medication, during which time she could have been really ill. Targets just make people cut corners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Yeah... but the hospitals are cutting back on too much to try and get their waiting lists down. My mother is at risk of glaucoma - could go blind - and the local hospital stopped sorting out her medication so they could cut down on waiting times for surgery. The only thing is they didn't pass on her details to her doctor so she had to run around for a week to sort out her medication, during which time she could have been really ill. Targets just make people cut corners.
    True, but it's still nice to see some improvement in the NHS in general.

Hope your mum gets better .

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2003
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.