The Student Room Group
Reply 1
All I can say is I'm not looking forward to it: history exams are probably the most stressful. I hope there's a question on the run up to the 1905 revolution; we've done that section to death! What other topics are you doing?
Reply 2
:s-smilie: the 1905 Qis what im struggling on :confused: im fine wit the rest..post 1905 is all easy n i gt decent essays on it bt the rest:s-smilie::s-smilie:
I'm hoping for 1905 too. Either Russo-Japanese war or revolution. Something on stability of Russia between 1906-1914 wouldn't be too bad as long as I remember to look at my notes....I know I've already mentioned this somewhere else. But does anyone know past questios for this unit? Leanne
Reply 4
I did this last year, anyone who needs help, feel free to ask.
What Qs did you get last year? I'm worried that the essays that I've been doing aren't like the exam Qs as that's what I've experienced with english hist.
Reply 6
FEB revolution and second Q was how Tsar dealt with opposition..does any1 have 1 good essay ie A grade on 1905 revolution or why Tsar survived it etc cuz im strugglin wit these 2 essays...if they have 1 can they plz post it..mch appreciated
Don't have any typed essays as we have to do all of ours timed in class. But did make ntes on it earlier.
Survived rev as:
1. armed forces remained loyal - Witte used them to crush Moscow rising in Dec 1905
2. Liberals now split - 'Octobrists' who accepted October Manifesto and Kadets who didn't
3. Violence of peasants and workers - made liberals & middle-class uneasy as they disliked the violence & they were worried about this negative side of rev.
4. lack of revolutionary parties - main rev. leaders in exile, apart from Trotsky. They were taken by surprise and rev. occured in spite of rather than because of them.
Mensheviks believed that 1905 was the Bourgeois rev. & that Proletariat stage would soon follow.

Hope this helps x
Reply 8
cheers but i kinda know all that..ts jus tht i wanted an essay on it..but dsnt mata thnx neway
Reply 9
leannemann
What Qs did you get last year? I'm worried that the essays that I've been doing aren't like the exam Qs as that's what I've experienced with english hist.

I have a list of past questions somewhere. I expect they're very similar to the ones you've been doing. The titles are usually geared to a certain period (pre-1905, 1906-14, 1914-17, 1917) eg "evaluate the causes of the 1905 revolution" or "compare the effects of Rasputin and Stolypin on the security of the Tsar's position 1906-14". There've been some very general ones though, such as "to what extent did Nicholas II contribute to his own downfall?", which deal with the entire period. All the practice ones I've done have been very reasonable questions. And anyway, there's always a choice of two: let's be grateful for small mercies!

Latest

Trending

Trending