Turn on thread page Beta

Grandshakyh Abdullah Ad-Daghestani watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 786)
    Grandshaykh is a title, which, in this case, was proliferated only by the knowledge Shaykh Abdullah carried. He did not ask for a title, nor want one. It was adopted by the general public as a sign of respect, and to recognise the greatness of the Shaykh.
    but why use the word grand..why not something more arabic?

vienna.. im a muslim and was offended by u saying "looks like a terrorist to me". if u have noting useful to say then dont say it.

ReputationRep:
    786, u arent going to come out with some religious conversion stuff are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)

vienna.. im a muslim and was offended by u saying "looks like a terrorist to me". if u have noting useful to say then dont say it.
    even if its predictable, tongue in cheek, cheap, joking...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    even if its predictable, tongue in cheek, cheap, joking...?
    tongue in cheek..ok then. thats not too bad

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Arabic words that are synonymous with "grand" are used only when describing God. Associating it with mortals would therefore be strongly frowned upon. In english, however, the word "grand" does not have as strong a meaning and is thus suitable as a mark of repect.

ReputationRep:
    just saying what a lot of people seem to think..
    i agree with you.l......to many ppl stereotyping muslims as terrorists.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matouwah)
    i agree with you.l......to many ppl stereotyping muslims as terrorists.....

yeh but can u blame them? its not as if muslim leaders actually come out n speak against the terrorist attacks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunkyTeenAngel)
    yeh but can u blame them? its not as if muslim leaders actually come out n speak against the terrorist attacks.
    uhmm....i'm not arab or muslim...but i can blame them

ReputationRep:
    Really? Are you sure about that? You might want to give that one a little thought, and maybe some research. There have been many who have- lots of British Muslim leaders condemned 9-11, and I seem to remember quite a few others from around the globe also doing so. You'd have to be pretty short sighted to think all Muslim leaders are the same as Bin Laden.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    Really? Are you sure about that? You might want to give that one a little thought, and maybe some research. There have been many who have- lots of British Muslim leaders condemned 9-11, and I seem to remember quite a few others from around the globe also doing so. You'd have to be pretty short sighted to think all Muslim leaders are the same as Bin Laden.
    OH NO....return of the religious argument...I shall not bother arguing although I would agree with what you said lala (omg, I am actually in agreement with you :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    I see your point but its not as if the western media was paying attention to those Muslim leaders who WERE speaking out against the terrorist attack just like they ignored the Muslim leaders who WARNED them (US govt)againsts Bin Laden and terrorist attacks!! pre 9/11 I am particularly offended by the stereotype terrorist applied to Grand-Sheik and Bearded Muslims generally.Are all four eyeds nerds? i think not!!.Lets get our facts right and discuss civily.

ReputationRep:
    how incredibly naive.

i also seem to remember earlier on in the thread that u said something along the line of

"it doesn take a 'genious' to figure out that america will lead world peace."

no but apparently it takes one to be able to spell it

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.