The Student Room Group

Ladies, how hairy are you?

Ok, this this is gunna be a weird one!
So I read some where that 99% of the human body is covered in hair (sans eyelids/palms im thinking!), that varies in length/amount thickness ect in different places.
Aside from the obvious, being legs ect, how hairy are you in the not so obvious places, say your back/stomach ect?

I am very fair, and so any hair in unusual places (for women) is not really a problem. But a couple of my friends including some asians (sorry I dont know the PC term for right now) are always worried about this.
And with summer upon us and more flesh on show, I just wondered what its like for other people.
Any men reading Im sure will cringe right now, but how do you (if you have to) deal with the moustache issue? I think Im alright on that front, but apparantly lots of women wax off anything thats there

Scroll to see replies

I'm not that hairy. There's the usual pubic hair, but my arms and legs don't have much hair, and only a few around the belly button. I never actually shave my leg and arms...cos it's not that neccessary for me, and i'm quite lazy. :p:
Reply 2
What about on the face? I mean, like lessthanthree, im fair and its just soft downy hair. But you know, sometimes when the sun catches my face and im looking in a mirror, I do wonder how noticable the hair there is.
Can get a girl paranoid ya know!
i'm not hairy at all on the face...thank goodness. i have friends who are rather hair though...it's really mean and nasty when guys make fun of them and say that they have "moustache" :eek:
Reply 4
oh bloody hell, I hope it aint noticeable!
But I do have PCOS, and apparantly that causes more hair growth.

Oh the joys of being a woman!
I don't have any noticeable hair on my face... I have a little bit of hair just under my belly button, but I'm just grateful for being blonde :smile:
Reply 6
kate86
oh bloody hell, I hope it aint noticeable!
But I do have PCOS, and apparantly that causes more hair growth.

Sorry what is PCOS?
Reply 7
I know a girl with a moustache. It's totally gross
Reply 8
Its polycystic ovary syndrome. Its something thats been hyped up alot in the media lately through celebrities coming out saying they have it (ie Jools Oliver, Victoria Beckham). It can affect fertility but for me I just seem to have the raw deal of the symptoms,like bad skin ect.
Reply 9
i have a waxing obsession, so even though i'm naturally fair (i dye my hair dark brown) i wax my arms (as in, the arm not underarm) and legs and *girly bit* but am hairless everywhere else :smile:.

I don't think i have any hair on my belly button (none you can see/feel at least) and i have the smoothest back on the face of this planet, because i had surgery on it when i was wee and it ended up killing all my hair follicles on my back, so i have literally NO hair on my back :smile: it's soft like baby skin.

I have a friend who plucks her nipples! :eek:
Reply 10
im the most hairless person i know(apart from head), even under my armpits i have like 2 black hairs -is this abnormal? maybe i have some sort of gland or development problem.
Anyways, my major fear is getting a moustache - every morning I have to check closely in the mirror to see I havent grown one, apparently about 15-20% women will grow moustaches similar to mens after menopause unless u get hrt (very scary thought!)
Some around bellybutton as most people seem to. My back isn't, although my arms have noticeable hair (not like OTT scary, just normal but brunette :wink:) My friend has a moustache and is very hairy but don't worry, it's not that noticeable even if you do :smile: and if you're blonde, I don't know what you're worrying about - in my experience, only brunettes' hair shows properly
Reply 12
I have very soft hair on my face only I could notice it though, and a tiny trail by my belly button again very blonde, and loads of leg hair which I shave obviously.
I'm jealous of all of you.
Reply 14
Blueangel,
for what you say is hormonal trouble, are you taking anything for it? For example Dianette (which my doctor once put me on!)? If you'd prefer not to answer, thats cool, no worries x x
I have a trail going down just under my belly button which is actually darker than most of my hair, but I don't think it's too noticeable so I don't really worry about it. Well, ok, I do occasionally...

I also have quite fine, blonde hair over my stomach (predictable apparently, as I used to be kind of anorexic), but it's light so you can't see it that much, and tbh I don't care enough to put myself through the pain of waxing it or the hassle of shaving it!

Other than that, just obvious places: legs/armpits etc, which I shave obv.

What a bloody weird-ass thread :eek:

ZarathustraX
Reply 16
i have waxed my lip once... i was curious :redface:

it hurt :frown:
Reply 17
I'm not very hairy at all, in fact im completely sans hair. This is because I have Alopecia Universalis. No head hair, no eyebrows, no leg hair(yay no shaving), no arm hair, no hair ANYWHERE. i'm incredibly smooth :-)
Reply 18
hayley_1604
I'm not very hairy at all, in fact im completely sans hair. This is because I have Alopecia Universalis. No head hair, no eyebrows, no leg hair(yay no shaving), no arm hair, no hair ANYWHERE. i'm incredibly smooth :-)

No eyelashes either? I know someone who doesn't.
My girlfriend makes too much of her hair. She has an amount on her lip that she works feverously to do over. Its really not that big a deal really i mean all guys like their women different, and dislike different things. Some may take the piss but its nothing to worry about, really. Nonetheless youll in the end find your perfect partner whoever you are :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending