Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    yeah i have, but do they know that?
    put it this way...they're not stupid...if u've been predicted such excellent grades and have applied b4 the oxbridge deadline, it doesn't take a genius to take an educated guess lol

ReputationRep:
    i was clever and sent form in on day of deadline though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    sorry if u haven't realised...but deadline is still deadline, oxbridge is still oxbridge. they're not stupid enough to think.....oh its just a coincidence this person applied on 15th oct.

ReputationRep:
    :confused: i appied a week after deadline o foxbridge, my friend who apply the same course(accounting and finance )did it before the dealine,would it have much difference?cause oxbridge dont have this course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beneath)
    :confused: i appied a week after deadline o foxbridge, my friend who apply the same course(accounting and finance )did it before the dealine,would it have much difference?cause oxbridge dont have this course.
    nah....if they don't have the course, theres nothing to worry about. cos its unlikely that u'll apply for a completely diff course just for oxbridge, unless PPE....except thats not even related to accountin and finance.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who got rejected by LSE (acturial sci) he was predicted AAAAA (maths, further math, phys, chem,bio,phy)..But in his personal statement he wrote about doing a maths degree (no wonder he got rejected)....wonkey do u think there was something wrong with ur personal statement? I mean did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    I know someone who got rejected by LSE (acturial sci) he was predicted AAAAA (maths, further math, phys, chem,bio,phy)..But in his personal statement he wrote about doing a maths degree (no wonder he got rejected)....wonkey do u think there was something wrong with ur personal statement? I mean did
    nah.....but if they're gonna reject u, they'll have their stupid reasons.....like......y should we choose british japanese over real japanese who will bring in more $$$?? lol u get wot i mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    Well I have 6A* and 4As at GCSE and straight A predictions-I applied on Oct 2nd-you would think I would be oxbridge through an educated guess......
    I'm not
    Does that mean they'll reject me? If they do, that is pathetic

ReputationRep:
    My form was processed the week before the deadline, and i still havent heard from LSE! However, they dont do my course at Oxbridge, the closest would be Economics and Management - do u think that they will think i have applied to Oxbridge as well? (btw the actual course im applying for is Accountancy and Finance)

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    Well I have 6A* and 4As at GCSE and straight A predictions-I applied on Oct 2nd-you would think I would be oxbridge through an educated guess......
    I'm not
    Does that mean they'll reject me? If they do, that is pathetic
    well u obviously don't like what i've said and don't think it's true... i guess we'll just have to c whether u get an offer (hoping u do of course)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma1811)
    My form was processed the week before the deadline, and i still havent heard from LSE! However, they dont do my course at Oxbridge, the closest would be Economics and Management - do u think that they will think i have applied to Oxbridge as well? (btw the actual course im applying for is Accountancy and Finance)

xxxx

i don't really think acc and fin is close to econ+man to be honest. don't worry about it......i genuinely hope u get an offer. best of luck.xx

ReputationRep:
    wonkey, we are in the same boat. I was rejected by LSE on 3rd Dec, but i have not received any letter from them, i got this info on ucas website.
    my grades are AAA on maths, further maths and physics and purposed course in lse is actuarial science.
    anyway, i am going to oxford for an interview this sunday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trivance)
    wonkey, we are in the same boat. I was rejected by LSE on 3rd Dec, but i have not received any letter from them, i got this info on ucas website.
    my grades are AAA on maths, further maths and physics and purposed course in lse is actuarial science.
    anyway, i am going to oxford for an interview this sunday.
    hey, total SNAP......i got rejected on 3rd aswell, lol. i'm going for interview at oxford on thurs!! good luck.....let me know how it goes! how do u feel by LSE rejection? cos i don't care......r u upset?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonkey)
    hey, total SNAP......i got rejected on 3rd aswell, lol. i'm going for interview at oxford on thurs!! good luck.....let me know how it goes! how do u feel by LSE rejection? cos i don't care......r u upset?
    just a little bit upset for a short time, i just don't understand them...I got offers from ic and ucl but i would prefer lse.
    I choose queens college, what about u?
    and good luck for your ox interview!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trivance)
    just a little bit upset for a short time, i just don't understand them...I got offers from ic and ucl but i would prefer lse.
    I choose queens college, what about u?
    and good luck for your ox interview!!!
    lol SNAP again.....Queen's! ic and ucl r both brill....i'd probs choose them over lse if they do my course.

ReputationRep:
    lol SNAP again.....Queen's! ic and ucl r both brill....i'd probs choose them over lse if they do my course.
    Would you choose ic and ucl over queens'???

queens' is a great college by the way - i think its gorge - loads of statues!!!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Would you choose ic and ucl over queens'???

queens' is a great college by the way - i think its gorge - loads of statues!!!

i'm sure i'll choose Queen's over ucl....but haven't seen ic or queens. ucl didn't impress me. i'm hoping i'll like queens and to get accepted of course, lol......i'm guessin by ur name ur at st hildas....how is it? not boring being all girls?

ReputationRep:
    i'm sure i'll choose Queen's over ucl....but haven't seen ic or queens. ucl didn't impress me. i'm hoping i'll like queens and to get accepted of course, lol......i'm guessin by ur name ur at st hildas....how is it? not boring being all girls?
    Yeh that's right - and nope, its anything but boring!!! Just one word of advice - if you do come to oxford, please be aware that it is a HELL of a lot of work. No matter how hard you thought A Levels or whatever were; i don't care if you did 3 or 13; the work here is IMMENSE!!!!! Do not be fooled - be prepared!!!!

ReputationRep:
    i don't really think acc and fin is close to econ+man to be honest. don't worry about it......i genuinely hope u get an offer. best of luck.xx
    Yeah i was thinking that! Im not worried, if the acept me great, if not, hu cares anymore! Good Luck with the Oxford interview, i'm sure that u'll do fantastically and they will offer u a place, u sound like a strong applicant! xxxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying it's your fault-I am saying that they shouldn't make educated guesses because it is so likely they will get it wrong
    xxx

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.