Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    I'm guessing history as it said so in the post...
    Thanx. I applied for Acc & Fin n I havent heard anyth from Lse.
    Do you no anyone who applied for the same course s me heard from Lse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobinHood)
    Well if you ask me its totally abysmal. They have a well established international reputation, thats all great. But i think they ought to cut down the amount of overseas students entering, bloody hell i'd feel like a foregner in my own country.
    Instead of setting so called quotas on how many international students must get in to maintain international prestige (my own theory), they should cap it in all the best british universities. We were educated here and pay bloody tax and therefore should have preference over foreigners. It would be ok if they were already resident here, but coming straight from abroad, its crazy.
    who agrees?
    I'd have to disagree, being a foreigner and all (typical my bad luck, not being born in Britain... grrr). I'm very lucky that universities such as LSE accept international students as I wouldn't be able to get the same quality education in my home country. And as far as the tax goes - I have to pay about eight times as much as you for the same uni course. I'm in IB now, and I love the fact that there are so many nationalities. Class discussions are particularily interesting as everyone has variyng backgrounds, and different values/beliefs/opinions from me. Don't worry though, I'm not gonna take your place at LSE, I'm going to Durham. Hope you don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shedow)
    Thanx. I applied for Acc & Fin n I havent heard anyth from Lse.
    Do you no anyone who applied for the same course s me heard from Lse?
    I have applied for Acc & Fin at LSE too, i havent heard from them, grr!!!! I really wanna hear as i'll then be able to make my final decisions! ARGH!!! Where else have you applied to do Acc & Fin?

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma1811)
    I have applied for Acc & Fin at LSE too, i havent heard from them, grr!!!! I really wanna hear as i'll then be able to make my final decisions! ARGH!!! Where else have you applied to do Acc & Fin?

xxxx
    ARGH!!!!!
    Nott,Bristol,Bham,LanU,ManU n Lse.
    I 'v recieved 5 offers, just waiting 4 Lse.
    What abt u?

ReputationRep:
    ARGH!!!!!
    Nott,Bristol,Bham,LanU,ManU n Lse.
    I 'v recieved 5 offers, just waiting 4 Lse.
    What abt u?
    Durham, Exeter, LSE, Reading, Southampton and Warwick.
    I've had 4 offers, just waiting for LSE and Warwick, but i dont wanna go to Warwick, so only just waiting for LSE really! ARGH!!! Where is your first choice!

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Durham, Exeter, LSE, Reading, Southampton and Warwick.
    I've had 4 offers, just waiting for LSE and Warwick, but i dont wanna go to Warwick, so only just waiting for LSE really! ARGH!!! Where is your first choice!

xxxx
    Well!!!!! If i get a rejection from Lse. Mayb Bristol or ManU.
    Not sure anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeah! I'd have my choices sorted then i think! Its worse now that LSE have started giving people offers! Claire got her offer, which she told me about straight away, and i found out that another person from my skool got an offer for Law on Tuesday! Why can't they give us an offer, even if it is a rejection now, i just want something! What course have you applied to at LSE?

xxxx
    BSc Mathematics and Economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    BSc Mathematics and Economics
    Did u do Maths n F Maths in A-Level?

ReputationRep:
    Did u do Maths n F Maths in A-Level?
    LOL thats the problem ...i just did maths...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    LOL thats the problem ...i just did maths...
    thats fine. me,too.
    i think thats enough.
    better than others who didnt do maths at or.

ReputationRep:
    thats fine. me,too.
    i think thats enough.

What course r u applying for? <-- just saw it Acc and finance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    What course r u applying for? <-- just saw it Acc and finance
    Acc & Fin

ReputationRep:
    thats fine. me,too.
    i think thats enough.

Well yes but ur not applying for a maths degree...i really needed further maths not just for lse but for other unis...
    I applied to Warwick,LSE, UCL,Nottingham, Bristol and York

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    Well yes but ur not applying for a maths degree...i really needed further maths not just for lse but for other unis...
    I applied to Warwick,LSE, UCL,Nottingham, Bristol and York

Wow~~~~~~
    all very good unis, u must b very brill.
    So,have u heard anyth?(offers or interviews)

ReputationRep:
    Wow~~~~~~
    all very good unis, u must b very brill.
    So,have u heard anyth?(offers or interviews)

No i haven't heard anything....sent my application two weeks ago
    I 'm not really clever i 'm predicted AAB and thats in MAths , Art : Photography ( lol) and Economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    I 'm not really clever i 'm predicted AAB and thats in MAths , Art : Photography ( lol) and Economics
    dont worry .thats cos u sent ur form a little bit late.
    u hav a good foundation of Maths n Econ.
    u wil hear from them soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobinHood)
    Well if you ask me its totally abysmal. They have a well established international reputation, thats all great. But i think they ought to cut down the amount of overseas students entering, bloody hell i'd feel like a foregner in my own country.
    Instead of setting so called quotas on how many international students must get in to maintain international prestige (my own theory), they should cap it in all the best british universities. We were educated here and pay bloody tax and therefore should have preference over foreigners. It would be ok if they were already resident here, but coming straight from abroad, its crazy.
    who agrees?
    I have to agree; not that I have anything against people from other countries, but I believe we should be given preference over international students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    LSE won't accept you on the grounds you do 'Art : Photography'.. not traditional enough for them. Unless you don't actually come from the UK that is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    LSE won't accept you on the grounds you do 'Art : Photography'.. not traditional enough for them. Unless you don't actually come from the UK that is?
    I know LSE like traditional subjects...but they didn't mention that in their prospectus for this course....they said that for BSc economics or BSc Management but not BSc MAths and Economics....even then they said they they still wouldn;t mind if 2 out of 3 is traditional....
    but yes ur right its not ideal....i'm from UK btw.
    U got any previous experience with LSE?...rejections etc...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonkey)
    nah.....but if they're gonna reject u, they'll have their stupid reasons.....like......y should we choose british japanese over real japanese who will bring in more $$$?? lol u get wot i mean?

The international students at the LSE are amongst the most impressive there. If Brit a is rejected, it is highly likely a better qualified international student took up the place. For some reason, that seems to have escaped the attention of most people here

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.