Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    I know LSE like traditional subjects...but they didn't mention that in their prospectus for this course....they said that for BSc economics or BSc Management but not BSc MAths and Economics....even then they said they they still wouldn;t mind if 2 out of 3 is traditional....
    but yes ur right its not ideal....i'm from UK btw.
    U got any previous experience with LSE?...rejections etc...?
    Nope, wouldn't have had a chance applying for their Management course. Would have been a waste of a choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shedow)
    Well!!!!! If i get a rejection from Lse. Mayb Bristol or ManU.
    Not sure anyway.
    Im sure you won't get a rejection from LSE!

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    I know LSE like traditional subjects...but they didn't mention that in their prospectus for this course....they said that for BSc economics or BSc Management but not BSc MAths and Economics....even then they said they they still wouldn;t mind if 2 out of 3 is traditional....
    but yes ur right its not ideal....i'm from UK btw.
    U got any previous experience with LSE?...rejections etc...?
    Yeah, im sure that as long as you have 2 outta 3 traditional subjects they will be fine. I know that for my course they want 3 traditional (luckily im doing that) but there are a few courses that dont specify, so i cant see them rejecting you on those grounds!

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma1811)
    Im sure you won't get a rejection from LSE!

xxxx

Hope so~~~~~~~~
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.S.)
    The international students at the LSE are amongst the most impressive there. If Brit a is rejected, it is highly likely a better qualified international student took up the place. For some reason, that seems to have escaped the attention of most people here

Yes i agree with u there...i'm sure they take the very able foreign students and its not just for the £15k that they pay them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    Yes i agree with u there...i'm sure they take the very able foreign students and its not just for the £15k that they pay them.
    LSE get the same money from home students as international students......and its not 15k pounds....maybe for medicine...but for most courses its 12k and under......the rest of the money from the home students is paid for by the UK government to LSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shedow)
    Hope so~~~~~~~~
    :confused:
    U'll be fine!!!!!! Make sure you keep us all updated!!

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    just got rejected at lse for economics...........lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matouwah)
    just got rejected at lse for economics...........lol
    I'm sorry to hear that, its there loss thou! Can i ask what your predicted grades were?

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear that, its there loss thou! Can i ask what your predicted grades were?

xxxx

i am an internation student and applied for economics.....got AAAAB at AS level for maths chem physics music business(B) and predicted 4As in maths physics chem and business

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matouwah)
    i am an internation student and applied for economics.....got AAAAB at AS level for maths chem physics music business(B) and predicted 4As in maths physics chem and business
    Wow, thats really wkd! I don't really understand LSE, I would have thought that they wanted students with high AS grades and high predicted A2 grades! Good luck with the rest of your choices thou, im sure u'll get them all! N good luck with the A-levels

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Wow, thats really wkd! I don't really understand LSE, I would have thought that they wanted students with high AS grades and high predicted A2 grades! Good luck with the rest of your choices thou, im sure u'll get them all! N good luck with the A-levels

xxxx
    thanx.....already got offers from UCL...warwick and 2 from imperial...just waiting on oxford now......

ReputationRep:
    those cocks also rejected me for economics, despite my almost perfect academic record. it just goes to show, hard work isn't everything.
    hmm maybe if i was applying from abroad, things may be different, but who knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NEXTadamSMITH)
    those cocks also rejected me for economics, despite my almost perfect academic record. it just goes to show, hard work isn't everything.
    hmm maybe if i was applying from abroad, things may be different, but who knows.
    what AS grades...predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    btw....35% of undergrad applicants are international.........and about 38% of the undergrads selected are internationa.....so being an international student doesnt neccessarily bolster your chances of getting in....

ReputationRep:
    Man, i dont understand these uni's! When did your rejection come through? I know of soo many people that LSE have rejected this year, im actually just waitin for mine to come through, i just check the website with the expectation of it saying 'unsuccessful'. Maybe if we hadnt worked so hard for all these years then we would have been more likely to get a place?

Good luck with all your other uni's thou. Where else have you applied?

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Got offers from warwick, birmingham and nottingham. Got an interview at cambridge next week at jesus college (hope that goes well although lse was 1st choice).
    Got 6A*, 4A, B (art) at gcse and AAAAB at as level (b in French).
    Predicted 4A's at A2.
    Shame, i doubt the guardian or telegraph would be interested in my story, i aint in poverty..agh too bad.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's dont mean much. AS levels are quite easy compared to A-level, and you guy's are only talking about predicted A-levels, and thats all they are, predicted. If you really want to go to LSE, pull out this year, get your 4 A's or whatever, and have a gap year, and do something useful in it. I doubt they would turn you down if you actully had the grades.

That refers to Adam Smith btw. He shouldn't really be one of your heroes

ReputationRep:
    Got offers from warwick, birmingham and nottingham. Got an interview at cambridge next week at jesus college (hope that goes well although lse was 1st choice).
    Got 6A*, 4A, B (art) at gcse and AAAAB at as level (b in French).
    Predicted 4A's at A2.
    Shame, i doubt the guardian or telegraph would be interested in my story, i aint in poverty..agh too bad.
    Dude, thats complete madness then, i'd love to know the basis on which they rejected you! I havent heard from Warwick yet (that and LSE are all i'm waiting for).

If you got those results what hope have i got for LSE, i got 3A*, 6A, 2B, C (french - argh) and my AS were not good! Predicted AAB at A2 (and an A in General Studies - but that is pointless and no-one takes it into consideration, where i have applied, so i don't include it in predictions)

Its a shame, it could be an interesting read, especially LSEs responses to your article!

Good luck at Cambridge, i'm sure you'll do brill! You sound like a top student and you deserve to get in there! Keep us updated on how you go!

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    u guys r scaring me now....thats not really fair...rejecting people with excellent academic background....

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 18, 2003
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.