Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing this course? If so, what are you doing for coursework? I'm looking at gender roles in the english language?! dearyxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deary_ma_leary)
    Anyone doing this course? If so, what are you doing for coursework? I'm looking at gender roles in the english language?! dearyxxx
    Yep, I'm doing it. Haven't started the coursework yet but we're doing language and identity!

ReputationRep:
    i've just finished my coursework,
    did on madness in contemporary literature! it was great fun!

ReputationRep:
    madness? that sounds v.interesting!! -what literature did u/r u gonna both look at? dearyxxx

ReputationRep:
    madness? that sounds v.interesting!! -what literature did u/r u gonna both look at? dearyxxx
    Great Expectations apparently.

ReputationRep:
    it was interesting!
    i did a comparison of a novella and a book; the novella was called 'the yellow wallpaper' and the book, 'good morning midnight'.
    both about two female protagonists who are a little crazy but in different ways n in different situations!
    have u heard of either book? if not, read them! yellow wallpaper's a little creepy!
    authors are charlotte perkins-gilman and jean rhys respectively.

what kind of thing r u doing for gender roles?! sounds good!

ReputationRep:
    we've looked at pride +prejudice and making of a marchioness and various other little bits of literature. we looked at the solemnization of marriage too, an old one from 1550-that was quite interesting. we also looked at how gendered most of the english langauge is too. its v.interesting. dearyxxx

ReputationRep:
    forgot to say!-havent read eihter book nor heard of either author but shall look them up!

ReputationRep:
    I wish i did lang/lit. It sounds well interesting. unfortch i couldn't take it as well as English lit, lol

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.