Is a tan required? Watch

This discussion is closed.
carcharodon
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
TAN DEFINATELY!! although it depends on the person - but tanned people look healthier (and i know its not) the sun makes your skin look clearer
and i just love that tanned surf gal look
Pale people look ok in england but when they go on the beach abroad.. well hahahahhaah.. but i also hate gals with fake tan and that horrible english look
as a rule english people dont tan well - i actually think the eng race is ugly - i am not english origin
veryjammy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You two above saying fake tans are horrible are the reason people still fry in the sun and that skin cancer rates are on the increase. Fake tans have progressed so much in the past few years. Sure if chavvy people put loads and loads on and go orange then they look nasty, but if you use them properly they normally turn out well. Most celebrities/people you see in the media use fake tans as they know that staying tanned through sun beds and sunbathing will only make them look older at a faster rate, and no celebrity wants that!
carcharodon
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by veryjammy)
You two above saying fake tans are horrible are the reason people still fry in the sun and that skin cancer rates are on the increase. Fake tans have progressed so much in the past few years. Sure if chavvy people put loads and loads on and go orange then they look nasty, but if you use them properly they normally turn out well. Most celebrities/people you see in the media use fake tans as they know that staying tanned through sun beds and sunbathing will only make them look older at a faster rate, and no celebrity wants that!
fine - generally fake tans are bad, but like i was saying you can tell a natural tan against a fake tan easily - and i hate it when people still use them in winter, england gets no sun un england so unless your naturally tanned or been lucky to go away - dont over do it gals!!
Lauren Hart
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I know that sun exposure CAN be bad for you, but at the same time its also very good for you. It's linked to keeping away depression, it cleans the pores and so many other things. As for fake tans, i have dont see a problem so as to speak but then i dont really think i wanna see my bf rubbing himself with bronzer in the morning lol. Also, it doesnt do all the things that menalin is meant to do so....... And if you're safe in the sun, wear tan enhancing but UV repeling creams, its just the same as every other hazard in life. If we all took the "but think of the harm" look on life, we'd all stop breathing, walking to work, and so many other things!
at least lara
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
spray tanning is the way of the future
littlegnome
Report 13 years ago
im very pale and i like it. if my gf or bf asked me to tan i would do it because i love them
PinkPigeon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I prefer being pale, I would never use a tanning spray or anything, it's not in my nature and I think I would look funny, it's just my natural, Irish (both parents are Irish) skin colour and if people don't like it it's their problem!
nikk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Public image: tan=healthy, pale=ill
Fact: tan=unhealthy skin, pale=healthy skin.
saz_1989
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hmm.

i wouldn't stop going on the beds because my bf asked me to. hence if i preferred being pale, i wouldn't get tanned because he asked me to.

it's a good job he prefers me super super tanned.
saz_1989
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
Public image: tan=healthy, pale=ill
Fact: tan=unhealthy skin, pale=healthy skin.
not true. my sister has naturally olive skin which looks tanned during the winter, and she doesn't use fake tan or sunbeds.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (154)
45.43%
Pro-humanity (185)
54.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed