Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    That's like less than 900 a month. I don't know but do you think you're being too optimistic? I think expenses will be greater than that. Not sure...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CNN Center)
    That's like less than 900 a month. I don't know but do you think you're being too optimistic? I think expenses will be greater than that. Not sure...
    My expenses when i get there will be around £200 p/week. I seriously doubt it will be any more than that!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, told my mum i need a new tux aswell last night, hehe.

How much does the average tux cost?

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea, but do you really need a tux?

I don't know why schools ask that we put aside allowance for clothes. It's not as if I buy clothes all the time. I buy clothes once a year - thereabout.

What about utilities, haircuts, handphone bills, toiletries, laundry and of course, years two and three?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CNN Center)
    I have no idea, but do you really need a tux?

I don't know why schools ask that we put aside allowance for clothes. It's not as if I buy clothes all the time. I buy clothes once a year - thereabout.

What about utilities, haircuts, handphone bills, toiletries, laundry and of course, years two and three?
    pfft, i'd say those would cost £15 p/week. I only get my hair cut about once every 4 weeks anyway.

I think you will need a tux, pretty much everyone there has one, and there will be formal evenings.
    I just need to know how much they cost...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beekeeper_)
    Hmm, told my mum i need a new tux aswell last night, hehe.

How much does the average tux cost?
    I spent 200 but u can get one for around £150 (inc. everything cumberbund, etc.)

Got another White tux top for £70

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...I forgot the tux...

better get one :P (hell I don't even remember what they look like )

ReputationRep:
    instead of buying one rent one for £40.....unless you feel you will have many formal evenings to go to.......for my xmas and leavers ball in school i spent £75 on a rented tux altho it was awesome but i did that because i only needed one twice in two years

ReputationRep:
    pfft, i'd say those would cost £15 p/week. I only get my hair cut about once every 4 weeks anyway.

I think you will need a tux, pretty much everyone there has one, and there will be formal evenings.
    I just need to know how much they cost...
    Somewhere between £130 and £250 (unless prices in Britain are higher than I think).

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessin there will be quite a few black tie events though at uni. Btr to buy one in the long run. At my school we've had 4 since 6th form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Somewhere between £130 and £250 (unless prices in Britain are higher than I think).
    Uhm, thats a lot cheaper than i expected. I was thinking more towards £300.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiantang)
    I'm guessin there will be quite a few black tie events though at uni. Btr to buy one in the long run. At my school we've had 4 since 6th form.
    yeah true i could have bought one for the price i've paid so far renting...altho the rented ones weren't just regular tuxes......
    .....so are most taking suits and tuxes to university

ReputationRep:
    Are tuxes expensive to buy or something?

And wow, 4 since 6th form? My school has done it once...

ReputationRep:
    Uhm, thats a lot cheaper than i expected. I was thinking more towards £300.
    You could get one for £2000-3000, but why would you want to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    You could get one for £2000-3000, but why would you want to?
    for random s*its and giggles....and a £2000 tux could look awesome and im sure you'd pull more with one too...i mean if you have the cash that is....

ReputationRep:
    The thing I'm most worried about cost-wise is going out. I'm quite sociable but I think I could either go out infrequently and have a proper rave or go out more frequently but not have as good a time :hmmmm: opportunity cost (to all you economists )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackmarket Boy)
    The thing I'm most worried about cost-wise is going out. I'm quite sociable but I think I could either go out infrequently and have a proper rave or go out more frequently but not have as good a time :hmmmm: opportunity cost (to all you economists )
    lol yeah well my opportunity cost involves going out as often aas possible relative to the cost of not eating to subsidise it.......
    ......and anyway going out isn;t the only way to have fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jiggaman7)
    lol yeah well my opportunity cost involves going out as often aas possible relative to the cost of not eating to subsidise it.......
    ......and anyway going out isn;t the only way to have fun
    good way of getting pissed easily - replace food with alcohol! and then it will be cheaper as well cos you will only need to buy a few drinks and you will be pissed. Genius :albertein:

ReputationRep:
    good way of getting pissed easily - replace food with alcohol! and then it will be cheaper as well cos you will only need to buy a few drinks and you will be pissed. Genius :albertein:
    lol but i presume if taken in the long run it has slight david blaine-esque effects... the problems with the starvation and people throwing eggs at you(dunno why)

ReputationRep:
    The thing I'm most worried about cost-wise is going out.
    Same, last time i went to Fabric for a night out it cost me around £50+.

And yeah our skool likes proms.

We had yr 11 leavers, yr 12 xmas, yr13 xmas and finally yr 13 leavers cuming up.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 1, 2005
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.