Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    550! maybe if you cook at home and don't get takeaways.. and don't party one bit. i would say 900.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by london-duh)
    550! maybe if you cook at home and don't get takeaways.. and don't party one bit. i would say 900.

£900/Month???!!!

Do you mean including rent? I hope so.... Who on Earth (Student) can afford to pay so much a month (if you do mean without accomodation)!?

ReputationRep:
    chill.. that includede accomodation. oh so the 550 didn't.. whew...

ReputationRep:
    chill.. that includede accomodation. oh so the 550 didn't.. whew...
    Lol.

Thank God.

ReputationRep:
    yes...on average 10 pounds a day for simple food and supplies. Which indeed counts up to around 500 pound a month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by basbasics)
    yes...on average 10 pounds a day for simple food and supplies. Which indeed counts up to around 500 pound a month.
    If there are 50 days in the month it does, yes. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Expenditure varies depending on personal preference.....There are many big spenders at the LSE. I regard myself as being quite a good money manager, and Id probably have spent on average 700 a month.....but then i shared a room for 50 quid a week!...
    xx

ReputationRep:
    I know of people who spend less than 700 quid a month, accommodation included. In fact, I know of one who spends only slightly over 600 quid a month. Yes, including accommodation. I still think LSE's estimate of 1000 a month is a tad excessive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gizmoleeds)
    If there are 50 days in the month it does, yes. :p:

4x70=280 (food, parties)
    4x86=344 (accomodation
    ------------------------+
    =624

I usually spend somewhat less, somewhat above 500 pounds. I forgot to tell that it included accomodation fee...sorry.

I have my oysters, but mainly travel by Bus. I only shop at Surrey Quays Tesco Megastore or Lidl, both of which have huge discounts. I usually cook for myself, for three days at a time (the rest I safe in tupperware). Butlers Wharf is one of the cheapest halls. When I go out, I usually frequent house-parties, birthday parties etc. Everything for free, and they tend to be more fun as well Hehe...I suppose I really AM Dutch :P

ReputationRep:
    bankside is expensive. i'll be spending 440 per month on accomodation alone.
    is it a good idea to get a monthly travelcard that includes everything? wouldn't a bus one be good enough?

ReputationRep:
    bankside is expensive. i'll be spending 440 per month on accomodation alone.
    is it a good idea to get a monthly travelcard that includes everything? wouldn't a bus one be good enough?
    Either way, make sure you apply for a Student Discount Travel Pass.

I think you save 20% (or more) which is great.

ReputationRep:
    Save, save, save, guys!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 1, 2005
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.