Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OK, Just wondering if any girls out there felt the same...

The only guys i've been out with have been really good looking, and perfect in basically most ways - ie, smart (going to oxford etc), rich (i know its not a neccessary, but is a bonus...), and "nice". (although they do tend to be slightly arrogant with it...) but the worst thing is - even though they are good looking, i tend to "go off" them after a while, and convince myself there's other better guys out there...

BUT, i never feel totally attached to them...like whenever i go out, and a guy takes an interest, i start thinking...can i do better? Some of my exes i think have been not independent enough, i like a guy who can look after himself - not just let maids (or mums!) do everything for him etc...Also, i start to think, why is he with me? And, i think i'd like a guy who "needed" me, if that makes any sense??

Now this is going to sound waaaaay cheesy, but i was watching Pirates of the Caribbean last night, and i would just love a guy to love me enough, that he loved me from the first time he saw me..blah blah blah...

I dont really know what i'm doing wrong, as there was a guy who did feel like this, and i hurt him real bad, cause the only reason i had for dumping him was that i thought he was too clingy...i just cant seem to make up my mind...

Anyone had similar thoughts...? Cheers dudes and dudets x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxKatiexXx)
    OK, Just wondering if any girls out there felt the same...

The only guys i've been out with have been really good looking, and perfect in basically most ways - ie, smart (going to oxford etc), rich (i know its not a neccessary, but is a bonus...), and "nice". (although they do tend to be slightly arrogant with it...) but the worst thing is - even though they are good looking, i tend to "go off" them after a while, and convince myself there's other better guys out there...

BUT, i never feel totally attached to them...like whenever i go out, and a guy takes an interest, i start thinking...can i do better? Some of my exes i think have been not independent enough, i like a guy who can look after himself - not just let maids (or mums!) do everything for him etc...Also, i start to think, why is he with me? And, i think i'd like a guy who "needed" me, if that makes any sense??

Now this is going to sound waaaaay cheesy, but i was watching Pirates of the Caribbean last night, and i would just love a guy to love me enough, that he loved me from the first time he saw me..blah blah blah...

I dont really know what i'm doing wrong, as there was a guy who did feel like this, and i hurt him real bad, cause the only reason i had for dumping him was that i thought he was too clingy...i just cant seem to make up my mind...

Anyone had similar thoughts...? Cheers dudes and dudets x

i just dont think youre ready for commitment yet, although you really crave it, the fact that youre going off guys after a while shows this.

I had this problem up to i was 17, every guy i went out with i CONVINCED myself that there were better guys out there, and either left them or went through a really rough patch with them.

But when i met my current boyfriend, it felt complety different, you will know when ur propaly in love when u find 'mr right'

and when u find him, there is not really such a thing of being too clingy, because surely you'd wanna be with him all the time!

the guys who have everything handed to them on a plate are not the best boyfriends, try going for someone more "normal" but equally as attractive and nice

hope that helps xxx

ReputationRep:
    I had quite a fairytale once - i was once seeing this guy who lived quite far from me, so we used to both drive halfway and stay in b&b's at weekends. we got on so well, we felt as though we'd both known each other all our lives. one night we had was unbelievable - we laid there all night telling each other EVERYTHING.

at one point he was telling me about a friend who had died and he was right next to her when she did die. he was saying that he thought she'd have liked me and just as he was saying that a shooting star flew past!!

we talked about everything, found out we were each others' solemate, and basically had not one secret between us.

the next day, we went our separate ways and never even tried to get into contact with one another again. mad huh? i think we both just got so scared of how quick we were liking each other (we'd both just come out of relationships).

But anyways, he's one lad i'll never forget, and i'm just grateful for that amazing night!

- I've went off the subject a bit haven't i?! I've got that same problem as well, with guys i either think "i deserve to be treat better" or "what do they see in me???". Happy medium needed!!

ReputationRep:
    TBH, I'm still at that stage. I mean, they're good, but they're not good enough...

Basically I'm enjoying being single at the moment, means I get to spend a lot more time with my friends and I have a much better time when I go out because I only have to please myself! Maybe I'm just a bit selfish, but I really craved committment until about a year ago and was throwing away perfectly nice people just because I got bored. It really clicked when I got together with a bloke who (literally) fitted my description of a perfect man, yet I couldn't be bothered with maintaining it.

I thought - OK, this is it. I'm obviously not ready to be in something long-term at the moment so I should really stop trying before I hurt someone.
    Now, the more I think about it the more sense it makes. While my attatched friends are worrying about maintaining relationships when they leave for uni, I'm going to be able to enjoy my time there without any extra hassle. And I know that if the right person comes along I'll be able to take them up without ghetting rid of a relationship I didn't really want to maintain from the start.

Sorry if that sounds enormously selfish but its genuinely how I feel at the moment.
    If you want to chat, PM me and I'll add you to my MSN,
    skevvybritt x

ReputationRep:
    ...the worst thing is - even though they are good looking, i tend to "go off" them after a while, and convince myself there's other better guys out there...
    There will always be 'better guys out there'. You buy a mobile phone - there will always be someone with a better one than you. Either make do with what you have got, or enjoy not having anything!
    Not at all. I think everyone has some sort of fantasy romance story :cool:

Motherless Child

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2005
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.