Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, anyone else do this exam this morning?

What did you think of it?

I ended up being pushed for time

ReputationRep:
    yeh i was very pushed for time too!!! i thought it was ok exceot i hadn't learnt the root squash tip stuff and didn't have a clue on the merging cells and protein question!!also had no time for the last question which actually looked really straight forward.

I spelt glycosidic like glycoscidic, memory lapse, do you think I'll be penalised for this?

ReputationRep:
    i ran out of time too plus cudn remember much of da mitosis root squash..rest of da paper wz ok..wt did u draw for da 3 mark drawing from the leaf..all i cud do was two circle..it said no labels!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahsum)
    yeh i was very pushed for time too!!! i thought it was ok exceot i hadn't learnt the root squash tip stuff and didn't have a clue on the merging cells and protein question!!also had no time for the last question which actually looked really straight forward.

I spelt glycosidic like glycoscidic, memory lapse, do you think I'll be penalised for this?
    I'm not sure, I mean you can tell that you meant glycosidic can't you, so wouldn't they just give you the mark?

the merging cells question- what was the anwser? I had 30 seconds to write something, and all I could get down was 'the membrane is fluid'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysterious_grl)
    i ran out of time too plus cudn remember much of da mitosis root squash..rest of da paper wz ok..wt did u draw for da 3 mark drawing from the leaf..all i cud do was two circle..it said no labels!!
    Yes!!!
    I spent forever measuring everything so carefully

Plus, theere was some minor detail in the cell, but it was barely visible.. I was trying to firgure whjat they could give you three marks for for that question?

Also: drawing the golgi.... ARGH!

ReputationRep:
    same here..i completely forgot wt da golgi lukd like!!..did u do unit 2 as well

ReputationRep:
    for da merging cells..i did it at da last min too..all i wrote was the proteins become embedded in da phospholipid bilayer..thz all i cud think of!!

ReputationRep:
    for the measurement question was the small division 30micrometers and the size of the cell 320. The mitosis question was hard, what did you right for the last part. I just said add them together, but do you have to take it away from 1200?

ReputationRep:
    for da merging cells..i did it at da last min too..all i wrote was the proteins become embedded in da phospholipid bilayer..thz all i cud think of!!
    yeh i think there was a mark for fluid mosiac, which i forgot

ReputationRep:
    im soo sleepy frm doin all 3 papers..

ReputationRep:
    i think i got 204 or sumthin for da size..n for da otha 1 i only wrote abt adding thm..y do u hafta subtract from 1200 though :confused: ..crapp dis is juz makin me feel worse abt it

ReputationRep:
    i think i got 204 or sumthin for da size..n for da otha 1 i only wrote abt adding thm..y do u hafta subtract from 1200 though :confused: ..crapp dis is juz makin me feel worse abt it
    i dunno thats what my mate said but im not too sure. The worst question for me was that root tip procedure worth four marks!!, and the golgi apparatus one

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, this is making m feel bad about the paper now!

rying to define resolution when I forgot my memorised definition was fun..

For the eye piece graticule question, i divided 100 by four to get that each division was 25um

320 also rings a bell..

mitosis q: I said to perform the equation for each of the four staes, then to add them together o get the total time for all the stages to happen

ReputationRep:
    i agree..luks like evry1z else made da same mistakes, it shudb b dat bad den!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kohlstream)

For the eye piece graticule question, i divided 100 by four to get that each division was 25um

320 also rings a bell..

mitosis q: I said to perform the equation for each of the four staes, then to add them together o get the total time for all the stages to happen
    4 lines = 3 divisions i thought, but i might be wrong

ReputationRep:

320 also rings a bell..

i did the same way 4 mitosis quest..!

4 eye piece graticule i gt sumthin lyk 33.3 i think.. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLUREMI)
    4 lines = 3 divisions i thought, but i might be wrong
    I counted four on mine

But then again, I did the questions out of order, so I had spent long enough with my head so close to the paper trying to spot what extra tiny detail they wanted you to replicate in the enlarged plant cell diagram, so my eyes were probably out of focus!!

Argh I only did this paper again to get some more marks as a back up when I fail the synoptic

ReputationRep:
    I counted four on mine

But then again, I did the questions out of order, so I had spent long enough with my head so close to the paper trying to spot what extra tiny detail they wanted you to replicate in the enlarged plant cell diagram, so my eyes were probably out of focus!!

Argh I only did this paper again to get some more marks as a back up when I fail the synoptic
    im more worried about mod five, thats a killer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLUREMI)
    im more worried about mod five, thats a killer
    actually, 4, 5 and 6!!

I got a total of 13 marks on my synoptic last year.. I don't know what makes Biology so hard :eek:

Are you revising all of the AS stuff for the synoptic parts of 5 and for 6? Because I have only resat unit 1, and i don't think I have the time to do Units 2 and 3 in the same detail

ReputationRep:
    i did tofays unit 1 for synoptic revisiopn as well
    how did people run out of time i finished in 30 minutes plus 5 to check

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 7, 2005

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.