Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How was it?

ReputationRep:
    Transport i found really easy but foundation was a little harder (but then this was my 3rd try on that). I thought overall i was a really reasonable paper but then i really revised hard for this one.
    What did you think lil crazyflakes???

ReputationRep:
    i resat human health and disease, and i thought it was ok, dont think i done too well on it though..

ReputationRep:
    what did you put for why the workms have the gene for monnose or whatever?

ReputationRep:
    i meant 'mallose'

ReputationRep:
    I thought Transport and Foundation were OK but HHD hard!

I thought there essay in transport (about veins) was the easiest but the HHD one was super hard and you really had to waffle.

Think I have just about got an A, depending on what my mark was for my practical :-o

Chemistry on Wednesday... Yaaaaaaaaaay.

At least I have got one AS Level under my belt now.

-Kavanne

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stevesmith100)
    i meant 'mallose'
    You mean 'mannose'?

-Kavanne

ReputationRep:
    HHD - no T cells! I dunno if i'm glad or not cos i find that the hardest bit but i revised them a lot too.. WOOHOO IT'S OVER!

ReputationRep:
    i found HHD the hardest, i jst thought i wasn't writing enough 4 the amount of marks it was 4.

ReputationRep:
    Foundation was quite easy the only thing I struggled on was the big essay and I forgot what the role of an organism in an ecosystem was

HHD was the hardest. Did anyone else think it was basically a 60 minute rant against fat people and smokers lol. None of the other topics come up that much!

Transport was ok but I forgot how to set up a potometer - I just talked about adding vaseline in the seal beween the plant and tube.

what did you put for why the workms have the gene for monnose or whatever?
    I just said that they have the gene that contains the genetic information for the protein and therfore they can make it lol

ReputationRep:
    I though Transport was fine but the other two were harder than I was expecting. I think I made a lot of 1 mark errors, and I hope I got about 45 on each of the first two.

I though the last page on foundation about worms, yeast and other sugary things was the hardest question I've ever seen! What the heck were they on about!??!

ReputationRep:
    i revised hard for immunity, and it never really came up, just one small question! I am so disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    what did you get for the 2 mark...vaccine covers 90% of cases. 92% of people take it who isnt protected.

i did (90/92)x100 -but that couldnt ahve been right as then only 2.2% of people werent covered.

So i did 92 x 0.9 then did 100-this answer - got soemthing like 13 or 18% cant rememba

ReputationRep:
    i agree...i think the HHD was a 'poor' exam - i mean 70% of the answers were like opinions or graphs! - rubbish
    i revised immunity, allergens , TB sooo much - nothing;.
    now CDH what a crap q'n
    did anyone else just waffle like 2 pages just anything vaguiely relating diet to the heart. Ive described atherosclerosis for about 1 page lol. then i taked about iron deficiency for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Villa_Reject)
    what did you get for the 2 mark...vaccine covers 90% of cases. 92% of people take it who isnt protected.

i did (90/92)x100 -but that couldnt ahve been right as then only 2.2% of people werent covered.

So i did 92 x 0.9 then did 100-this answer - got soemthing like 13 or 18% cant rememba
    I think I read the question incorrectly what I read was: What percentage of people are unprotected in a year where 92% of people get the vaccine. So obviously I did 100%-92% = 8%

did anyone else just waffle like 2 pages just anything vaguiely relating diet to the heart
    Nope my entire essay consisted of me describing atherosclerosis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Villa_Reject)

oh ....i did 100 - 92 to get 8%.....ummm so that probz wrong....but it was only worth 1mark?!?

ReputationRep:
    i think it was 17.2%

ReputationRep:
    i did 90% of 92% = 90 x 0.92 = 82.8%
    100-82.8= 17.2%

ReputationRep:
    in the essay about the heart and diet, i wrote about unsaturated fats being bad instead of saturated fats, but still went on and wrote about angina and atherosclerosis... will i lose a mark or more for writing unsaturated?

ReputationRep:
    nah it was 2 marks.
    im not saying im right - tbf the way i read it is mabye a bit too mathsy for biology - mabye youre right.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 9, 2005

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.