The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

the transport exam was ok except for the haemoglobin dissociation curve - what did everyone write for the reason why fetal Hb needs to be turned into adult Hb? I just wrote something like theres too much oxygen so it could damage the tissues or something like that.
yep - i think thats what i got 17.2

though i did 92x0.9 100-answer...all that...yer i think were right with that 1 - i dont think method matters in this one.
what did people put for the "why does fetal haemoglobin turn to aadult haemoglobin"(2marks) i think that was transport.
my friend phoned me before and said 'did u put your arrows in correctly' and i was like 'what arrows?' I forgot to draw the arrow in showing blood flow lol - i didnt even see the question!
I didnt see that there was a question to find the mean in the HHD oops! and i got that calculation completely wrong I think...oh well :frown:
also i dont know if il get the mark for the vibrio cholorae because i put vibrae cholora, maybe im just being too picky?
i did what davidnotmark did 0.92 x 0.90 x 100 and took that away from 100 to get something like 17% dunno

i though HHD was quite "poor" as well it had practically no questuions where you could write what you know down. Was the answer to the first q "plasmodium"

I thought transport was eazy though nothinmg too hard, essay question a little hard but i think i did well, shame its only 60 marks and aslso if you flunked practical then you have to retake it.
oxford brookes, no it wasnt cholera is a bacteria and it asked for the name - plasmodium is malaria. i put vibrea cholora so im not sure if i will get it either
I thought transport was the worst! I couldnt remmeber half of it, i didnt even remember the potometer experiment! No idea whatsoever on that, i had no idea what the pukryne tissue was either...I thought the other two were fine but i really messed up transport and im pretty worried.
Reply 28
DavidnotMark
i did 90% of 92% = 90 x 0.92 = 82.8%
100-82.8= 17.2%

That's what I did, yay!

-Kavanne
The question on the percentage on the HHD paper i did:
(92/100)*90=82.8%
92-82.8=9.2%

Answer: 9.2%
Reply 30
I took HHD and Transport. I was surprised that some of the more difficult topics that I'd revised for didn't come up, I think I've done better on HHD than I did on Transport.
what was the answer on HHD about which kid was obese from the table. was it kid D?
Reply 32
urban_flavaz
what was the answer on HHD about which kid was obese from the table. was it kid D?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

-Kavanne
can no1 answer my questions above?????

also what did every1 put for the reason why fetal haem needs to be replaced by adult haem after birth?
Reply 34
DavidnotMark
the transport exam was ok except for the haemoglobin dissociation curve - what did everyone write for the reason why fetal Hb needs to be turned into adult Hb? I just wrote something like theres too much oxygen so it could damage the tissues or something like that.

at lower partial pressures of oxygen, fetal hb doesnot release its o2 easily
with adult haemoglobin at low pp of o2..(tissues) oxygen will be released
DavidnotMark
can no1 answer my questions above?????

also what did every1 put for the reason why fetal haem needs to be replaced by adult haem after birth?

Hi David. I said Fetal Haemoglobin would have too high an affinity for oxygen when the baby is no longer inside his mother. The haemoglobin would not release enough oxygen to the babies tissues as it would be onloading with oxygen at the partial pressures present in the babies tissues, rather than offloading as is required. Therefore it needs Adult haemoglobin to be able to transport and offload enough oxygen.
I thought the papers were generally very do-able, but I was a bit unsure for my reasons in the foundation paper about why the mock cell would change in volume- what did others put? Also, in transport, did we have to label the direction of blood flow in the heart? I read that on here but i must have missed it! D'oh! Hope they're not too evil with the UMS marks if everyone has done well on transport.
DavidnotMark
i did 90% of 92% = 90 x 0.92 = 82.8%
100-82.8= 17.2%

Damn, I forgot to do the subtraction! I never read questions properly! :mad: Will I still get a mark for doing the first part of the workings?

I thought Health and Disease was a crap exam but I think I did okay-ish. I need 81/90+ though, so that's probably why I am annoyed. I didn't know about why measles couldn't be eradicated and it seemed to just be about the HGP, obesity and smoking for the rest!

Anyone else finding timing an issue again? It happened to me last year, not enough damn time to check my answers.
Reply 37
-Sian-
Damn, I forgot to do the subtraction! I never read questions properly! :mad: Will I still get a mark for doing the first part of the workings?

I thought Health and Disease was a crap exam but I think I did okay-ish. I need 81/90+ though, so that's probably why I am annoyed. I didn't know about why measles couldn't be eradicated and it seemed to just be about the HGP, obesity and smoking for the rest!

Anyone else finding timing an issue again? It happened to me last year, not enough damn time to check my answers.

Hello there! Yeh, i didn't have enough time to check answers either i had like 1 min left when i finished so i just flipped though making sure i answered them all! And i hate the spaces i always seem to write 1 more line than the amount they give us, and it makes it look squashed and urrrgly! :frown:
Reply 38
wat did evry1 talk about on the 10 mark question about obesity n diet? i jst started talking about the dieseses that can be caused- but wasn't really 2 sure how to relate it 2 the heart!!!!
michael 2005, so i wont get any marks for my answer saying it damages the person?! lol

i didnt have enough time to read through health and disease and apparantly there was a question where u had to work out the mean - i missed that one! and i missed putting an arrow on signalling the direction of blood flow - oh well! i hope that the marks arent scaled down coz i only think i got Bs on them anyway without them bein scaled down..

hopefully iv done ok - technically i only need a C to get into my first choice uni so hopefully ive got that - as long as i do ok on the A2 exams in 3 weeks!

Latest

Trending

Trending