What UK universities offer scholarships for Actuarial science and how to I apply?

Watch
username337247
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi, I'm new to the forums and have just finished my GCSEs (I did great by he way, 6A*s, 1A and 4Bs). Unfortunately, my parents know nothing about scholarships and applying for schools so I wasn't able to apply for a good A level college/ boarding school before it was too late. My family moved to Malaysia 14 years ago so I don't have home status despite the fact I'm British. I have 4 siblings making it too hard for my Dad to pay International fees for a UK school with no financial aid. I don't really like my school (especially since 1/2 the year group, including most of my friends, have left for A levels) but have decided to stick with it for A levels as I doubt I could get a place at a new school at this late stage.
I've decided that I want to get a scholarship at a Uni that offers actuarial science but am not sure when or how I would apply and to what universities. I would also love to get sponsorship from an insurance company but am not sure which ones offer them.

So far I know the following universities offer actuarial science:
LSE
Cass Business School
University of Kent

ANy details on scholarships from these or other Unis as well as companies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Joy Division
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You should look on their websites...most unis offer some sort of scholarships but if your fee status is non-EU international then scholarships tend to be more limited.

For LSE (and other unis, I'd imagine) you have to fill out a long form saying why you deserve it and why you need it after you get an offer. click

HSBC also do student scholarships for first years but I'm not sure if you're eligible

As I said you should check the websites of the unis you are interested in.
Paulwhy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by THEALB10N)
Hi, I'm new to the forums and have just finished my GCSEs (I did great by he way, 6A*s, 1A and 4Bs). Unfortunately, my parents know nothing about scholarships and applying for schools so I wasn't able to apply for a good A level college/ boarding school before it was too late. My family moved to Malaysia 14 years ago so I don't have home status despite the fact I'm British. I have 4 siblings making it too hard for my Dad to pay International fees for a UK school with no financial aid. I don't really like my school (especially since 1/2 the year group, including most of my friends, have left for A levels) but have decided to stick with it for A levels as I doubt I could get a place at a new school at this late stage.
I've decided that I want to get a scholarship at a Uni that offers actuarial science but am not sure when or how I would apply and to what universities. I would also love to get sponsorship from an insurance company but am not sure which ones offer them.

So far I know the following universities offer actuarial science:
LSE
Cass Business School
University of Kent

ANy details on scholarships from these or other Unis as well as companies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
use Cosue Search 2010 on UCAS.com and serach for Actuarial courses.
username337247
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I think I may be able to get home status if I can convince the university that my Dad's job has been on a temporary basis and just kept being renewed. Its worked for some, but not for others in my position from my school.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (79)
12.01%
Virtual campus tours/open days (160)
24.32%
Live streaming events (52)
7.9%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
8.97%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.25%
An in-person event when available (155)
23.56%