Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just found out that I've got an interview for Wadham to study law on the 10th Dec. I'm a bit worried about the interview, will I need to have read up on the subject or will they just be trying to see if I have potential? Also what is the written test like? And is there a lot of waiting around?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyD)
    I've just found out that I've got an interview for Wadham to study law on the 10th Dec. I'm a bit worried about the interview, will I need to have read up on the subject or will they just be trying to see if I have potential? Also what is the written test like? And is there a lot of waiting around?
    Hi, I got an interview too...I have been reading around current affairs ...reading an introductory Law book would not do any harm..really though, I think the interview tests potential although if you can explore wider areas through your own knowledge, I am sure that the interviewer will pick up straight away future potential enthusiasm for the subject which is equally important to academic ability...I think the written test is based on you showing an ability for logical and analytical thinking...so there may be extracts on which you have to comment....I think there will be plenty of waiting around because of what is says in the prospectus and given the fact you are (I believe) likely to have 3 interviews (+ the test).anyway, good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    Hi, I got an interview too...I have been reading around current affairs ...reading an introductory Law book would not do any harm..really though, I think the interview tests potential although if you can explore wider areas through your own knowledge, I am sure that the interviewer will pick up straight away future potential enthusiasm for the subject which is equally important to academic ability...I think the written test is based on you showing an ability for logical and analytical thinking...so there may be extracts on which you have to comment....I think there will be plenty of waiting around because of what is says in the prospectus and given the fact you are (I believe) likely to have 3 interviews (+ the test).anyway, good luck
    Thanx.what college have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    I've got a law interview for lincoln college, but i haven't prepared at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyD)
    I'LL BE AT WADHAM TOO!!!!
    I'LL SEE YOU THERE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyD)
    Thanx.what college have you applied to?
    Pembroke

ReputationRep:
    Hey thats great Sparkle, you'll hav to look out for me, I'm quite small with longish brown hair, sometimes wear glasses (quite a general description I kno, but can't think of nethin else) you done much to prepare? I seriously don't have a clue what's gonna be expected of me.

ReputationRep:
    I've been told that the faculty recommend you to do 72 hours of work a week!!!! does anyone know if this is true?

ReputationRep:
    I had a cambridge law int. the other day

make sure you know about current affairs especially to do with law, and that u can talk about one area in detail

that uve read a book not to do with school recently

that u play a musical instrument

that you can think quicly on your feet and back up your points if tey ask u why uve said it..

thats all i tca think of at the minute

ReputationRep:
    I'll see you there AmyD. I'll look out for you. I've done a bit of prep but not as much as I had planned to do-though I supoose that is the same with most people!

Ok, well see you 2morrow!

Sparkle*

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.