Someboby tell me about Marketing Watch

This discussion is closed.
orangepant
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hey there,
I stumbled accross this forum with great intrest. Basically, i just turned 17 years old and am about to go into university (i was skipped up a year) at Liverpool to study Marketing. I love the idea of marketing and would probably like to go into branding. I hear that it pays very well but is very competitive. has anyone got any information of the this carree feild in genereal.

e.g.

payment prospects, hours worked, tasks that the job entails, competitiveness. etc

also, does anyone know anything about the chartered insitue of marketing and what it means/ does for a member??

Thanks ppl
orangepant
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Jools, your a king, or a queen. the stuff u said ther had my mouth watering like a fountain of fresh siliva lol. thanks man

Any1 els got sum stuff on marketing?
eswiftfire
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
After reading Jools' post, I am almost fell in love with my Marketing course. Almost.

Anyway, I'm a marketing major, tis' my final year. Pretty dry stuff (not surprising, considering that I'm an aspiring filmmaker type, not exactly a guy who wanna become a professional marketer or something), but I guess it's pretty useful in the long run.
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Although it's very competitive, you're in luck because most big companies have a marketing team. Although you'll find it difficult to get interviewed by the major ones like P & G, you shouldn't have a problem getting a marketing job generally.

Duties range from managing marketing campaigns (creating flyers and emails), to copywriting for brochures, to organising nights out and seminars for groups of managers. It's a very challenging and busy job and can be very well paid. The important things are a friendly personality and lots of good ideas - get lots of experience behind you at uni and you'll do really well.

As well as a degree, you can get a CIM qualification after you've built up a year's experience (I think). This involves going to evening classes and working outside of normal hours but will be worth it in the end - you'll get a better job with a higher salary. This aside, hours are pretty standard - 9 to 5.30 or 6 in London.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (279)
27.51%
No (735)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed