Retakes Watch

This discussion is closed.
recurring
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I have a retake thursday, along with a new module. I've only been revising for the new module and not the retaking module. Therefore i am bound to get a C/D/E/U as facts need to be learnt. Is there anyway i can pull out or do i just have to sit there and muck up waiting for the new module to be taken shortly after...
Alchemy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you can not attend, but whats the point?

Might as well go and give it a try, your highest mark will always be the one that stands, so you can always try again.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You need to sit it as you are entered for it. Just try to do some revision. I'm sure you will know/remember some stuff taught in the module you are resitting. Good luck.
Sami C
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just read through the module/unit a few times and learn a few key facts off by heart. At least that way you won't go in knowing nothing.
recurring
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
ok, thanks guys. i already have quite a good grade in it, so even if i get a rubbish grade this time it won't matter will it? e.g. wont go on ucas or anything?
trev
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by recurring)
ok, thanks guys. i already have quite a good grade in it, so even if i get a rubbish grade this time it won't matter will it? e.g. wont go on ucas or anything?
Glad to hear that you have a good grade. It doesn't matter if you do bad in your resit, as the higher grade counts.
Lias
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Does the higher grade still apply if you retaken a unit for the third time?

Meaning, for Biology-Unit 1- Edexcel,
I got C (60/100)-June 2004
Retake got a B (75/100)-January 2005
Today I retook Biology Unit 1. Initially felt optimistic, however I think got around the same mark again (74, 75, 76/100)!

Say instance, I get 70/100, would the highest mark from the second retake still stand?
Alchemy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
highest mark always counts afaik.
terri
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Alchemy)
highest mark always counts afaik.

Hiya

I always read these posts about which grades count and still never end up knowing whats what.
I took an AQA module for the 3rd time in January and did worse than the 1st 2 attempts, however when i got my results in March, it didn't take my best grade it took my last grade which was RUBBISH.
I have since been told that after 2 attempts they take your 3rd grade whatever.
AGAIN tho everyone says different things, but I am still stuck with my rubbish 3rd module attempt mark :confused:
The thing is if my highest mark counted I would be 19 points better off!! :eek: :eek:
trev
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lias)
Does the higher grade still apply if you retaken a unit for the third time?

Meaning, for Biology-Unit 1- Edexcel,
I got C (60/100)-June 2004
Retake got a B (75/100)-January 2005
Today I retook Biology Unit 1. Initially felt optimistic, however I think got around the same mark again (74, 75, 76/100)!

Say instance, I get 70/100, would the highest mark from the second retake still stand?
Since you took the retake, the highest mark will count. On your results sheet, your highest mark will be bolded, and the first attempt will be put below the other modules.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.54%
No (200)
72.46%

Watched Threads