Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

tattoo ideas? :) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm just starting to put tattoo ideas together, and I want to get something that symbolises that life is short and to seize the moment and just go for it and stuff like that, I like the idea of cherry blossom (and the fact their life cycle is short) but theyre soooo common, and the carpe diem stuff is good but very overdone as well. Anyone got any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    i have cherry blossoms
    there are about a million varieties of them, and you could draw your own design etc to make it unique

apart from that.. ermm.. dragonflies only live for one day? :P

ReputationRep:
    A midge? they only live 24 hrs??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovewaffles)
    i have cherry blossoms
    there are about a million varieties of them, and you could draw your own design etc to make it unique

apart from that.. ermm.. dragonflies only live for one day? :P
    ohhh cool do you have a photo?

i think theyre really lovely and feminine i just thought they were a pretty popular tattoo :o:

ReputationRep:
    Where do you want to get tattooed (body part wise)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babythestarsshinebright)
    Where do you want to get tattooed (body part wise)?
    im not sure yet, probably somewhere easy to cover up

i had my heart set on getting a phoenix tattoo for a while because ive been through a lot but they have to be so huge to get all the detail in its scary :p:

ReputationRep:
    Mine's a hideous, smiling, tapdancing beetle about to be crushed by a foot. It symbolises that even if you're not always happy with your appearance, and life is short, you should still be happy and make the most of it. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpe_diem

"Collige, virgo, rosas"

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    get a penis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TarantuLove)
    ohhh cool do you have a photo?

i think theyre really lovely and feminine i just thought they were a pretty popular tattoo :o:
    haha yeah I guess they are, but I would say it doesn't matter as long as you love it

sure, ill PM you one

ReputationRep:
    how about, dont go looking for something "meaningful" to tattoo onto yourself..If you must get one, wait for something meaningful to occur to actually warrant you getting one

ReputationRep:
    I'm just starting to put tattoo ideas together, and I want to get something that symbolises that life is short and to seize the moment and just go for it and stuff like that, I like the idea of cherry blossom (and the fact their life cycle is short) but theyre soooo common, and the carpe diem stuff is good but very overdone as well. Anyone got any ideas?
    What about toying with this image somewhat ...

If you get this image it'll look crap but maybe you can play with the idea?!?

It's the Egyptian Ankh which means eternal life but it's got a hand "seizing" it ...

ReputationRep:
    An small hour glass. This indicates your life span and as you get old and wrinkly, the hour glass shall disperse into your skin to indicate your time is up plus an hour glass will seize the moment by looking at it hy human eye.

You will only see it change yearly as you age.

bit different from my description but that drawing looks nice >>>>>>>

ReputationRep:
    how about a mouse attacking a tiger...because life is unpredictable!

ReputationRep:
    If we're going for words there's always...

"Acta non Verba" - Actions not words
    "Ad astra per aspera" - To the stars, through difficulty
    "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur" Anything said in Latin sounds profound (Just to add a bit of humour there )
    But honestly, I guess it's best to just go with something that means a lot to you...

ReputationRep:
    Get a big tattoo of Batman right on your face.

Then people will be like, 'Dude, why have you got Batman tattoed on your face?' and you can be all like 'Dude, life is too short to go around telling everyone why I got Batman tattooed on my face.'

Plus Batman is sweeeet.

ReputationRep:
    Sure you want one if you don't know what symbol you're gonna get and where you're gonna put it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A is for Awesome)
    Get a big tattoo of Batman right on your face.

Then people will be like, 'Dude, why have you got Batman tattoed on your face?' and you can be all like 'Dude, life is too short to go around telling everyone why I got Batman tattooed on my face.'

Plus Batman is sweeeet.
    love it :p:

ReputationRep:
    shameful bump

ReputationRep:
    A butterfly. They have short life cycles and are known to live only up to one year (usually a lot less) but yet, seem to fly all over the place and make the most of the time they have. There are many beautiful designs for a butterfly, celtic, colourful, shaded etc

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 5, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.