Turn on thread page Beta

yawn! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ok. i have been revising the normal amount i suppose.. i have been sleeping. i must admitt my eating is a little off but thats nothing new.. so why do i find my self falling aslepp where ever i go? i have tried pro-plus pill in the morning to help keep me going and drinking coffee and sugary stuff. i have never really been a sleepy person i am used to feeling energetic and stuff. i wouldn't be bother you lot with this normally but i have bloody exams for the next 3 weeks solid and i dont see myself getting threw it.. so any suggestion. normal, or strange feel free to comment.. please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxhayleyxx)
    ok. i have been revising the normal amount i suppose.. i have been sleeping. i must admitt my eating is a little off but thats nothing new.. so why do i find my self falling aslepp where ever i go? i have tried pro-plus pill in the morning to help keep me going and drinking coffee and sugary stuff. i have never really been a sleepy person i am used to feeling energetic and stuff. i wouldn't be bother you lot with this normally but i have bloody exams for the next 3 weeks solid and i dont see myself getting threw it.. so any suggestion. normal, or strange feel free to comment.. please!
    how many hours? Maybe you need more because you're revising and doing more work than usual...?

ReputationRep:
    it's probably because of the pro-plus and all the sugary stuff. i know it sounds weird but the body doesn't like having unnatural highs and lows.

ReputationRep:
    take your pro-plus(if you need them to wake up properly) in the morning, about 9am revise till about 3-4 with regular breaks and lunch break, and at 4 go out and play a sport, go to the gym or go out with friends...if you get into routine like this it makes you fell like revision is a bit part in your day and help you feel less bored and tired...worked for me anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jiggaman7)
    take your pro-plus(if you need them to wake up properly) in the morning, about 9am revise till about 3-4 with regular breaks and lunch break, and at 4 go out and play a sport, go to the gym or go out with friends...if you get into routine like this it makes you fell like revision is a bit part in your day and help you feel less bored and tired...worked for me anyway

:rolleyes: sounds like a plan..

ReputationRep:
    yeah it seriously should work because it allows exams to stop ruling your life for three weeks and just be a part of your day.....why the sarcastic smile though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowkin)
    how many hours? Maybe you need more because you're revising and doing more work than usual...?

of sleep or revision? i get about 6-8 hours sleep and i do about 8 hours revision spread threw out the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jiggaman7)
    yeah it seriously should work because it allows exams to stop ruling your life for three weeks and just be a part of your day.....why the sarcastic smile though?

dunno. its ment to be a rolls eyes smile but i always thort it looked like a thinking smilie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxhayleyxx)
    of sleep or revision? i get about 6-8 hours sleep and i do about 8 hours revision spread threw out the day.
    :eek: :eek: 8 HOURS REVISION :eek: :eek: .....wow thats an accomplishment

No wonder you're tired every day! i manage about 3 and at 4 im knackered, but then again its whatever works for you

ReputationRep:
    4 biscuits of weetabix in the morning will keep you going till lunch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    ohmigod, stop abusing pro-plus ;_; it won't even work if you take it every day.
    Good advice, my dad can't go through a day without having 4 double expressos! It really isn't worth it during your exams - you will do better if you are well rested naturally and just have a banana before and polos during your exam.

If you've been doing 8 hrs of revision you won't need to do much more!

ReputationRep:
    I find the occasional red bull can help if you're gonna have a particuarly tough day.

ReputationRep:
    Proplus sends me to sleep. I know I keep going on about it but I had 12 and still fell asleep. Try opening your window. I have my windows open and a little desk fan and I can probably do about 10-12 hours a day. Go to sleep earlier and get up earlier. There comes a point in the evening when you can't be arsed to work, for me it's between 11pm and 1, but I can happily work from 1 til 6am. You just need to find your optimum time for working. You could try going to sleep at 11 and getting up at 7 and working from 8 til lunch time, then in the afternoon, and having 8-11pm to relax?

8 hours isn't that much. A guy I know does around 14 at the moment. But the pressure here is immense.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing average 7 hours a day. of the same subject and i find that i cant switch off from it, my mind is allways trying to remember what i learnt during the day and then i get annoyed when i cant. i wouldnt bother with the pro plus in my opion its a placebo. i tried takingit though my GCSE's and didnt really help in the slightest! prpbably stoped me from concentratin!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shelbycakes)
    I'm doing average 7 hours a day. of the same subject and i find that i cant switch off from it, my mind is allways trying to remember what i learnt during the day and then i get annoyed when i cant. i wouldnt bother with the pro plus in my opion its a placebo. i tried takingit though my GCSE's and didnt really help in the slightest! prpbably stoped me from concentratin!
    ummmm. it was my dearest mother who suggested it. i suppose it would be ok to give it a rest, its just that i got used to using it everyday. and your right it proberly isnt helping me either.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 6, 2005
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.