Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    worth 50%! :mad: I got on the wrong bus which had a longer route so i had to get off it and catch one back to a bus stop and wait for one that went the normal route. I was 35 minutes late and decided its best not to go in since i was late for the last one. Thing is what do i do now? Had i might as well quit the course it was only for 1 module though

ReputationRep:
    omg! poor you!!! i think id did if i missed an exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    worth 50%! :mad: I got on the wrong bus which had a longer route so i had to get off it and catch one back to a bus stop and wait for one that went the normal route. I was 35 minutes late and decided its best not to go in since i was late for the last one. Thing is what do i do now? Had i might as well quit the course it was only for 1 module though
    ...any chance of retaking it?

ReputationRep:
    OMG... that happened to my friend once, but it was at GCSE, i would tell you the ending, but i dont wanna upset you :eek:

ReputationRep:

I would suggest u contact someone related to the course A.S.A.P! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    omg that happened to a mate, of mine, but he got his dad to write a note saying that his mom had to go to hosp (she was preg) and he lost track of time, worryin about his mom, he was about to redo it

ReputationRep:
    re-sit the exam next year if its an AS

ReputationRep:
    You should still have gone in. You could have said you got run-over and the car left you, so you had to walk very slowly to school on your "sore" leg...that way they would have awarded you your mock grade result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remote)
    re-sit the exam next year if its an AS
    he's at uni

ReputationRep:
    exam boards are crazy about awarding time or giving any priveladges. They want to see proof, ie doctors notes etc for an injury like that.

You know you get a few more marks or more time or something like that, if you pet dies? I'm serious. But you have to show proof by a death certificate from the vet.

"NEMO!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Stay away from the light!!!!"

ReputationRep:
    im at university in the first year btw, why does everyone seem so shocked?
    I dont know if i can resit do you think i'l be able to, should i get a doctors note and say i was ill (surely i can fool the doctor)

ReputationRep:
    I thought most uni exams have resists in August? It's a pain, but there's not a lot else you can do. If I was you I would just contact the uni and tell them the truth.

ReputationRep:
    Bless you.

ReputationRep:
    If you say it's a public transport problem it could be ok. If you make out it wasn't your fault. But you should have told someone straight away otherwise they don't know if you're communicating with people who have taken the exam. They might not let you take the same one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snmichaels)

You know you get a few more marks or more time or something like that, if you pet dies? I'm serious. But you have to show proof by a death certificate from the vet.

"NEMO!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Stay away from the light!!!!"
    Rubbish. I have had experince with illness during exam time and they are really harsh, even upon presentation of a doctors note.

Good luck Hororboy. You need it.

ReputationRep:
    Ask a tutor or somebody like that. There's nothing you can do about it now, so you've got nothing to lose by getting advice about it.

I don't know what the exam board would say about somebody getting on the wrong bus, but if there is a re-sit, I couldn't see anything stopping you from taking the exam again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DubPsychosis)
    Rubbish. I have had experince with illness during exam time and they are really harsh, even upon presentation of a doctors note.

Good luck Hororboy. You need it.
    thats crap because ive had a doctors note for this set of exams and the boards have bent over backwards to help me.

ReputationRep:
    Excuse me. Why calling each other crap and rubbish? There are different exam boards and different circumstances people. Sheesh!

ReputationRep:
    You should be able to do a summer retake - but you can only usually get the bear minimum pass grade at retake, regarless of how well you do.

ReputationRep:
    im at university in the first year btw, why does everyone seem so shocked?
    I dont know if i can resit do you think i'l be able to, should i get a doctors note and say i was ill (surely i can fool the doctor)
    You can resit at the end of the summer but your marked will capped at 40% but your first year doesnt usually cout to your final mark

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.