i missed an exam today Watch

This discussion is closed.
pete77
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
:rolleyes: Oh Chill !

Uni's are much more relaxed and understanding anyway !

They will give u a retake counted as the first time done from what i think !

BUt to try and avoid that jus make it sound completely not ur fault and why should u ruin ur summer !

Most uni courses are piss anyway !
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by frost105)
You can resit at the end of the summer but your marked will capped at 40% but your first year doesnt usually cout to your final mark
Depends on what university you go to - some 1st years are included in degree classification...
littlegnome
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by horrorboy)
worth 50%! :mad: I got on the wrong bus which had a longer route so i had to get off it and catch one back to a bus stop and wait for one that went the normal route. I was 35 minutes late and decided its best not to go in since i was late for the last one. Thing is what do i do now? Had i might as well quit the course it was only for 1 module though
no!!! dont quit the couse!!!! if you go in late to an AS/2 exam they must let you do it with the full time allowance!!!

if you've lost 50% of one module, thats only 7% of the total grade roughly so should be fine.
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Cant you appeal to the extenuating circumstances board, with some kind of proof as to why you were late?
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by littlegnome)
no!!! dont quit the couse!!!! if you go in late to an AS/2 exam they must let you do it with the full time allowance!!!

if you've lost 50% of one module, thats only 7% of the total grade roughly so should be fine.
He's doing a degree, not A-Levels
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SasunD)
Cant you appeal to the extenuating circumstances board, with some kind of proof as to why you were late?
Getting the wrong bus isn't really the sort of thing a University board would consider to be a good excuse.

He will be entitled to summer retakes though...
mtbab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you could say the bus brokedown, there always doing that, it would be believeable
Ynox
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
then they'll want proof from the bus company.

To be honest you'll not get much sympathy from me- its not hard to ensure you get the right bus and to leave the house with ample free time (I usually leave about 1.5 hours before the exam starts, its a 1 hour walk to uni or 20 mins by bus here).
Physics lover
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I really feel sorry for u
aleathiel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Ynox)

To be honest you'll not get much sympathy from me- its not hard to ensure you get the right bus and to leave the house with ample free time (I usually leave about 1.5 hours before the exam starts, its a 1 hour walk to uni or 20 mins by bus here).
gotta agree with ya there.. i usually arrive at college 30-40 mins before an exam so i know im there on time and can double check what room its in so i dont miss it.. I also make sure i know how im getting there days before by either deciding to leave the house earlier and get the earlier bus or asking for a lift into college..
so getting the wrong bus is hardly a good reason for missing an exam! especially cos you were only a bit late and in exams ive sat people have been late and still been given the same time as everyone else.. oh well what's done is done so all you can do is hope they let you sit the exam at a retake
hubarabsprog
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mtbab)
omg that happened to a mate, of mine, but he got his dad to write a note saying that his mom had to go to hosp (she was preg) and he lost track of time, worryin about his mom, he was about to redo it
Please use correct English: Mum will do.
xXMessedUpXx
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
my boyf once missed an exam..hadn't relaised just how far away it was...and i've missed one because i didnt know i was entered. my advice is ask for a resit tho tehy may make you pay...
Ynox
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hubarabsprog- mtlab is a brummy. A friend of mine whos a brummy says mom too. Guess its just the local dialect.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Since you missed the exam, tell the lecturer what happend. I think they will let you resit it next year or in the summer. Is this a 1st year or 2nd year exam?
hubarabsprog
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Ynox)

Could fake the letter:
Get the logo of the interent to make it look like headed paper and then write:

To Whom it may concern:
I can confirm that owing to a mechanical defect the XXX ex-Dodgy Bus Depot to Grange Road Grarage was terminated at Jump Hill. A replacment vechicle was called for and it arrived at XX:XX, meaning that customers were delayed for about 45mins.
I appogise for any inconvience causes and can assure you that this is a rare event and the Dodgy Bus Company has a stringment maintanice routine in place to stop this kind of event.

yours faithfully,

Larry Hodder,
Depot Manager, Broken Depot
hubarabsprog
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
make sure that u spell check it first.
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Ynox)
hubarabsprog- mtlab is a brummy. A friend of mine whos a brummy says mom too. Guess its just the local dialect.

I'm a Brummy - only toffs say mum
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by hubarabsprog)
Could fake the letter:
Get the logo of the interent to make it look like headed paper and then write:

To Whom it may concern:
I can confirm that owing to a mechanical defect the XXX ex-Dodgy Bus Depot to Grange Road Grarage was terminated at Jump Hill. A replacment vechicle was called for and it arrived at XX:XX, meaning that customers were delayed for about 45mins.
I appogise for any inconvience causes and can assure you that this is a rare event and the Dodgy Bus Company has a stringment maintanice routine in place to stop this kind of event.

yours faithfully,

Larry Hodder,
Depot Manager, Broken Depot
Ever head of getting a taxi?

[someone tried this exact con at my first uni - they didn't buy it for one moment. They're not stupid ]
Ynox
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hubrabsprog- surely the uni would phone up to verify that fact?
hubarabsprog
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Ynox)
hubrabsprog- surely the uni would phone up to verify that fact?
Yes they might do so, it is a chance. However, as Fluffy has just said - they aren't likely to buy iy - could have got a taxi or something.
if it looked very real then they might not. The only other way is to give a flase phone number- but they might just look up the depot number in the book/ the person there might have a mate on the buses or anything. Depends on how confident he feels.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (71)
30.34%
No - I got the required grades (132)
56.41%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (31)
13.25%

Watched Threads