Turn on thread page Beta

i missed an exam today watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Two different A level Stories

Boy 1 - Boy came down with the mumps (lol!) for his A levels and he WANTED to sit his exams even though he was ill but the school wouldn't allowed any teacher to go to his house to supervise or let him in any part of the school.

He would have been better off sitting then because the exam boards all got a copy of his doctor's note and then gave him his grades based on his predicted ones and tooks them down 1-2 grades. The boards were WJEC, Exdehell (spelling) and AQA

Boy 2 - His mother had an illness and died shortly before the exams, he sat them all and the exam boards then marked them and took his overall grade and put it up a grade each!

Although Boy 2 was griefing and I understand that, Boy 1 didn't ask for the mumps and it wasn't his fault he got them and should have been treated better than he was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    Two different A level Stories

Boy 1 - Boy came down with the mumps (lol!) for his A levels and he WANTED to sit his exams even though he was ill but the school wouldn't allowed any teacher to go to his house to supervise or let him in any part of the school.

He would have been better off sitting then because the exam boards all got a copy of his doctor's note and then gave him his grades based on his predicted ones and tooks them down 1-2 grades. The boards were WJEC, Exdehell (spelling) and AQA

Boy 2 - His mother had an illness and died shortly before the exams, he sat them all and the exam boards then marked them and took his overall grade and put it up a grade each!

Although Boy 2 was griefing and I understand that, Boy 1 didn't ask for the mumps and it wasn't his fault he got them and should have been treated better than he was.
    While a touching story, what has this got to do with university exams and catching the wrong bus?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    While a touching story, what has this got to do with university exams and catching the wrong bus?????
    sorry i know i shouldnt laugh but when i read fluffy's reply i burst out laughing, the point is diff circumstances bring out different results, i feel sorry for boy 1 though bad a-levels and now hes sterile ooh!

ReputationRep:
    why do you all think its such a bad thing ie: 'i feel sorry for you' kinda talk. Is it really that bad??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    whys blueangel unstable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    why do you all think its such a bad thing ie: 'i feel sorry for you' kinda talk. Is it really that bad??

I would think so :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    Excuse me. Why calling each other crap and rubbish? There are different exam boards and different circumstances people. Sheesh!
    i wasnt calling him crap, but what he said is. a doctors note is the same for all exam boards otherwise doctors wood have to write out one for AQA, Edexcel etc..
    To gain a doctors note the illness has to be on-going and one that is going to affect the results or an accident the day before.
    I only brought it up cuz im sure the dude has enough to think abwt without that person making him feel worse. if you noticed im not a controversial member, i dont start arguements.. i just feel passionatley about stuff to do with health cuz of the process ive been through as im sure a lot of people on here have done

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.