What did you think of edexcel biology (higher) today? Watch

This discussion is closed.
The Centipe
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I thought this exam sucked because there was hardly anything actually to do with biology! There was a load of stuff on the the environment and other common sense stuff like how scientists would communicate their ideas...

perhaps they used TSR :tsr:
Chewwy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
absolutely.

we had to know, oh, nothing on the heart, the kidneys, the lungs, the digestive system... obviously if you want to be a doctor or something this isn't neccessary:rolleyes:
Wilko_777
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
like how scientists would communicate their ideas...
I'd say that was probably trhe hardest question in the exam. I just said stuff like that woman scientist was an inspiration to them, and other crap.
Chewwy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Wilko_777)
I'd say that was probably trhe hardest question in the exam. I just said stuff like that woman scientist was an inspiration to them, and other crap.
i doubt that is right:rolleyes:
The Centipe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Wilko_777)
Lol yeh i said the same. It was a bit of a waffle question for me!
FinalFan3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
:eek: The Edexcel exam sounds a bit crap!! I did AQA and it was pretty good. Not so sciency, so that there was a bit of room to blag, but still sciency! Some of the questions were a bit ambigious as in what they were trying to get from you, though.
Lumix
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
There was that random Q on fish farms, and auxins. A two mark Q on photosynthesis and the only Q about genes was the difference between phenotypes and genotypes. How dumb is that? Also there was loads of "put them in the right order Qs" like the modern cat mouth and mitosis.
Cruddy in all. :tsr:
abood
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ahahaha what a joke...that exam was bloody useless. I came out of it thinking..."how does that exam differentiate people who DO know their stuff from people who don't??" makes no sense. Wondering if the chemistry and physics is going to be any better...or whether I should start reading up on Newton's life story and his relationship with his mother :rolleyes:. Anyway, best of luck.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (213)
27.92%
No (550)
72.08%

Watched Threads