Honesty! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sandman
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
In college today we were asked to discuss the following question:

"What would be the effects of a completely honest politician for both the party and the electorate".

It was set to last 30 minutes with 19 people involved. It took over three hours and ended up with nearly 60 people in the room which got so hot we HAD to leave.

Enjoy!

Sandi
TKR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well personally i doubt that ONE honest politician among the hundreds of dishonest over-ambitious self-serving decietful conniving plotting underhanded *******s that flood westminster every day (unless they're on holiday or having affairs or wallpapering their houses wiht tax-payers money) - would make much of a difference
Refused
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
boring elections
Spenceman_
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Good debate. I don't profess to know much in the way of politics but in life....honesty IS the best policy.
Wild Thing
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
congradulation.
pete77
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Honesty can kill a political career !
HearTheThunder
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Err - turnout would drop to like 1%
KdySk8rGirl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would vote for an honest politician over someone who lied.
HearTheThunder
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by KdySk8rGirl)
I would vote for an honest politician over someone who lied.
Depends what their policies were... even if they were 100% honest and I disagreed with their policies I still wouldn't vote for them on the basis that they're more honest, and if the other candidate was a liar, I wouldn't vote... probably what happens to a lot of people every election
Kard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wow, people are now complaining about politicians being honest...makes a change.
HearTheThunder
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kard)
Wow, people are now complaining about politicians being honest...makes a change.
it's not the honesty that's bad.. it's what the honesty would reveal
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If I was a politician I wouldn't be honest because, as mentioned, it would probably end my career. Tell the truth or keep your well paid job? The latter I think.
Kard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If I was a politician I wouldn't lie. If something was on a need to know basis I just wouldn't say anything.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.14%
No (204)
72.86%

Watched Threads