Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Have applied to Durham, Exeter, LSE, Reading, Southampton and Warwick, anyone else applied to these for the same course? Have u had many offers from them? R u finding that the required grades had gone up from wot the prospectus has asked? Both Southampton and Durham have upped their grades on me!!!

(Original post by gemma1811)
    Have applied to Durham, Exeter, LSE, Reading, Southampton and Warwick, anyone else applied to these for the same course? Have u had many offers from them? R u finding that the required grades had gone up from wot the prospectus has asked? Both Southampton and Durham have upped their grades on me!!!
    I have applied the same course as you to LSE, Man Uni. Birmingham, warwick, Bristol and Lancaster. Lancaster give me a higher grade than the grades on propectus. I can't understand. And do anyone know why Lancaster got 6* at thier assessment on Accounting, finance and computer science course. Does anyone get the same letter as i? Which university is the best to study accounting and finance (except LSE)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pig)
    I have applied the same course as you to LSE, Man Uni. Birmingham, warwick, Bristol and Lancaster. Lancaster give me a higher grade than the grades on propectus. I can't understand. And do anyone know why Lancaster got 6* at thier assessment on Accounting, finance and computer science course. Does anyone get the same letter as i? Which university is the best to study accounting and finance (except LSE)?
    Apparently the course is more popular this year, hence the grades increasing, the Durham prospectus says BBC - so i chose it as my back up - n they offered my AAB! Southampton sent me out information and in it was a ammendment notice saying that all the required grades for the management department have gone up a grade! Its complete madness! Dont they think that we are stressed enuf about the A-levels without increasin the pressure by putting all the grades up. Thankfully Exeter didnt up their grades on me. I have a horrible feeling that LSE are guna up their grades thou!!! The chance of gettin a place was 8% on last years figures, so they are guna worsen i reckon!

ReputationRep:
    Durham changed it from BBC to ABB for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    Durham changed it from BBC to ABB for me
    Were your predicted grades ABB then? I'm glad im not the only one they upped it for! What course did u apply to there? I applied for Business Finance and chose George Stephenson college.

ReputationRep:
    Business at George Stephenson College... probably won't go to Durham though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    Business at George Stephenson College... probably won't go to Durham though.
    Same here, i dont even think im guna bother going to the college open day either! I'd rather stay at a uni in the south if Durham are offering grades like that!

ReputationRep:
    Well.. the thing that put me off that the Campus doesn't look too great! It's not the main Durham one.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, all my m8s had applied to the main Durham campus n it looks really nice, picturesque, but the Queen's campus looks really modern, although the facilities there arent bad, n you have the opportunity to go the Durham campus main summer ball, but thats about it

ReputationRep:
    ^ Sod that.. I'm waiting on Warwick, Nottingham etc.. would rather go to campuses like that.

ReputationRep:
    i wasnt a major fan of Warwick's campus, still awaiting their reply however. i really liked the campus at Exeter thou! At least everything is all 2gether at these campuses!!!!

So, any one study accounting and finance here? also, do you ever think about Manchester University??THis is a very good prestige university to study Business. Why you prefer the university in the south?? isn't it better to study??? If anyone receive an offer from Warwick or LSE, please notice here and let me know, because they are the last two universities that i am waiting for. What is your normal offer from other universities?? Also do you know how many people apply LSE this year?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i've applied for accounting and finance, just they only do business or business finance at Durham! No ive neva thought abt manchester, didnt really wanna go north particulary. I prefer it in the south as ive always lived in the south n there are some really beautiful places, n i wont b too far away from the majority of my friends that im at skool with now n that are already at uni! I DO WANT TO STUDY - HENCE THE REASON IVE APPLIED TO TOP UNI'S! I'm waiting to hear from LSE and Warwick too, apparently they are leaving it for a while before they start offering places this year - they are rejecting people atm thou! I dont know how many people applied this year to LSE, but i know it has increased since last year, n the chances of getting a place were 8%, so it'll prob drop this year!!!! ARGH! Where else have to applied to then? xxxx

ReputationRep:
    lse is the best , but MU is good as well,and it will combine with UMIST next year, so the ranting will better than last year.i got an offer for this course requires ABB ,leeds BBB ,lancaster ABB( quit high for this uni) and aston( anybody know something about this uni? good or bad? anyway,ranting for business is at NO.5, but not sure about accout).give me some information if you have any idea bout it will you?

Aston is quite good as well, but in my view, i think MU is better since it has got more reputation. Aston is also not too bad but it only got Sandwich course for Accounting and Finance, one of my friends has got the offer from it.
    The offer i got from MU and Lancaster is same as you, I also think that Lancaster required a higher grade than it did. And one of my friend gonna study economic at Uni. got a rejection from LSE. What a surprise!! Becasue she did very well last year and she got all A with about half of the modules full marks. So did you apply one??? I think i may also get a rejection from LSE soon as well. What do you think about this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pig)
    Aston is quite good as well, but in my view, i think MU is better since it has got more reputation. Aston is also not too bad but it only got Sandwich course for Accounting and Finance, one of my friends has got the offer from it.
    The offer i got from MU and Lancaster is same as you, I also think that Lancaster required a higher grade than it did. And one of my friend gonna study economic at Uni. got a rejection from LSE. What a surprise!! Becasue she did very well last year and she got all A with about half of the modules full marks. So did you apply one??? I think i may also get a rejection from LSE soon as well. What do you think about this?
    You mite not get a rejection from LSE, as they are rejecting and accepting random candidates this year, try not to stress about it! We may not hear from them until feb/march time, so.... If you had a good, solid personal statement, then you have a really good foundation on which can be build! Good luck thou, i'm sure you'll do well and will get an offer from LSE!

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    I applied to LSE and got rejected..... :confused: don't know why exactly. Now my only hopw is with Manchester which requires ABB. Has anyone found any kind of sponsor or scholarship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomtom)
    I applied to LSE and got rejected..... :confused: don't know why exactly. Now my only hopw is with Manchester which requires ABB. Has anyone found any kind of sponsor or scholarship?
    what gcse grades +a-level grades did you get rejected with? its true that things are abit random, an upper sixth guy got rejected with 9a* 1a at gcse and 3as at alevel, i thought thats pretty impressive esp when the requirements of accounting and finance is abb

ReputationRep:
    I got reasonable GCSEs....my predicted grades are ABB in accounting, economics and law..........this random thing is really stupid. Do you think there are other ways to apply except UCAS

ReputationRep:
    iv been offered BBB at exeter and 300points at cardiff

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.