Freshers week budget/ how much did you spend last year? Watch

elucidation
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
If this year is your first, how much are you budgeting for fresher's week?

If you've already had your fresher's at the University of Glasgow, how much did you spend?

It would also be useful if you could say how the money was spent

I have about £150 at the minute so I'm wondering whether I'll have to stretch it out or what..

:woo:
stevo23e
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
while technically 150 is plenty to get you through a week of partying,as long as you dont go super mental like shouting "champange all round! every night, its likely that you'll end up spending more than you think on stuff thats not actually related to the party aspects, food being the biggest example.

But yeah 150 is more than enough me thinks, i didnt spend that much, but at that point i was still a lightweight
elucidation
Rep:
?
(Original post by stevo23e)
while technically 150 is plenty to get you through a week of partying,as long as you dont go super mental like shouting "champange all round! every night, its likely that you'll end up spending more than you think on stuff thats not actually related to the party aspects, food being the biggest example.

But yeah 150 is more than enough me thinks, i didnt spend that much, but at that point i was still a lightweight
Ahhh thanks
I'll try not to be an idiot with it but I am worrying about having enough for living and partaying. I don't want to miss out just because I have to eat :p:
I'll try and up my funds by then, I guess
Egglet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah but you need a fancy dress fund! I dont think i spent very much, im a complete lightweight.
Billboy05
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
meh ill get through it with 50 quid tops. Wont be buying much drink because of my age. And yes, I'll need money for my halloween costume, and any other costume for that matter.
hopeneverfades
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Slightly similar question, though I thought it was too small to make a new thread:

How much did you spend aside from the fixed expenses (fresher's pass, internet cable etc)? I have to make a budget for the first week and I have no idea how much food etc costs. I'm really not a heavy drinker or anything like that, so my liquor expenses would be rather small. How much does for example a frying pan cost and plates and drinking glasses?
elucidation
Rep:
?
(Original post by Billboy05)
meh ill get through it with 50 quid tops. Wont be buying much drink because of my age. And yes, I'll need money for my halloween costume, and any other costume for that matter.
halloween! A bit soon for that, isn't it?
But the £50 is reassuring because I've managed to spend another 50 :o:

(Original post by hopeneverfades)
Slightly similar question, though I thought it was too small to make a new thread:

How much did you spend aside from the fixed expenses (fresher's pass, internet cable etc)? I have to make a budget for the first week and I have no idea how much food etc costs. I'm really not a heavy drinker or anything like that, so my liquor expenses would be rather small. How much does for example a frying pan cost and plates and drinking glasses?

Uni-box do a kitchen pack for £30. I looked around a bit and found that it actually is a decent deal unless you know exactly where you get things cheaper (and can be bothered to buy them all seperately :p: )

edit: oops meant to link: http://www.theuni-box.com/index.php?...&product_id=56

otherwise maybe check the wilkinsons/asda/ other cheapo places that have online catalogues to see how much you can get stuff for..
Billboy05
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by elucidation)
halloween! A bit soon for that, isn't it?
less than 2 months :eek3:
elucidation
Rep:
?
(Original post by Billboy05)
less than 2 months :eek3:
What kind of elaborate costume do you have planned that'll take over a month to sort? :p:
Billboy05
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by elucidation)
What kind of elaborate costume do you have planned that'll take over a month to sort? :p:
Pacman
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads