if wanting curly hair Watch

This discussion is closed.
lookingforhelp!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hey
What are the different ways to make your hair curly?
What are the best products to use?
Thanks
Apricot Fairy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Three words: don't be silly.
Apricot Fairy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Straight hair is so much more manageable, if you have it count yourself lucky.)
mxox
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You get curling irons and curling creams....but they are all pretty useless from my experience. If you have straightish hair and want proper defined curls for a special event get it done at the hairdressers and use lots of hairspray!
Butterfly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I want curly hair...Chrissy from Eastenders! Oh it's gorgeous :p:
Butterfly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've got really long, thick hair so tongs don't work. Best bet for this kind of hair is rags I think, with industrial amounts of hairspray.
lookingforhelp!
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hi
Yeah just for temp use, an occasion etc
mxox
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Butterfly)
I've got really long, thick hair so tongs don't work. Best bet for this kind of hair is rags I think, with industrial amounts of hairspray.
I have the same problem. It takes absolute ages to do it with tongs unless you get like 3 people with 3 separat tongs to get to work on your hair. Curlers/rollers/twisty rollers could be tried.
Gwen
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Butterfly)
yes! also have long, thick hair and want it in curls so badly
kate86
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ive got very long thick hair and can use tongs to get round it in just 20mins now!
Best thing though is not to clamp the tongs down on your hair (makes it go funny on the end!). Just hold the end of your piece of hair and wind it round the verticle tong.
Shelbycakes
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why would you want curley hair?! i've got really thick really curley hair and it takes me about an hour and a half to do it so it looks half decent when i've washed it. you cant really style it at all, its just a pain. i'd much rather have straight hair!
Raziel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
why someone want their hair curly?mine is but i was willing to pay however much it was to get it straighten, curly hair sucks whats wrong with you girl?!lol jks!
*starry_eyed_*
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
anoyone who wants curly hair... i will give you all a strand of my hair! :top:
Special Patrol
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I wish I had curly hair. I have long dark blonde straight hair and it tends to look a little limp.
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by lookingforhelp!)
Hey
What are the different ways to make your hair curly?
What are the best products to use?
Thanks
you could plait it when its wet for the wavy look

Ruthie xx
grace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Raziel)
why someone want their hair curly?mine is but i was willing to pay however much it was to get it straighten, curly hair sucks whats wrong with you girl?!lol jks!
because people who have straight hair tend to get nicer curls than people with naturally curly hair...ringlets etc look more soft and glossy because we don't have a lot of frizz to deal with! and curls minus frizz are very pretty sometimes
fabulous_darling
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If you have hair straighteners, curl your hair with them. Twist the hair round and round and you end up with perfect curls. My hairdresser taught me how to do it, because apparently normal tongs won't work on my hair because it's so glossy and thick. Also accompany with oodles of hair spray, et viola!
saz_1989
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
mousse. towel dry then scrunch lots of mousse in it and dry with your hairdryer at a distance.

or if you have long hair, towel dry then put hair in a tight bun and leave to dry. if you want to make these curls more defined, use curling tongs.
luvberry
Report 13 years ago
i have really straight hair... and i curled it at a salon last year... my hairs really shiny and healthy but after i curled it then.. IT WAS HORRIBLE.. hard to deal with.. at the beginning its really nice but after a while its a pain!
I had to wait so long for it to grow out -__-
Butterfly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
^ Okay I would like curls but I wouldn't go for a perm! That's extreme!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise