Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am doing A level media and im researching on post feminism & popular music for my critical research...
    The quesiton i have set is
    "What is the relastionship between Post Feminism and Popular Music and its affect on the youth culture?"

As a starting point i would like names of bands/artists that you know that i could research on or any other information you may feel relevant

thank you

ReputationRep:
    well who do you think it is relevant to? you have to start your own research really.... what do you think you mean by post feminism and what bands do you think reflect this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anti_conform)
    I am doing A level media and im researching on post feminism & popular music for my critical research...
    The quesiton i have set is
    "What is the relastionship between Post Feminism and Popular Music and its affect on the youth culture?"

As a starting point i would like names of bands/artists that you know that i could research on or any other information you may feel relevant

thank you
    Would the mysogynistic lyrics of hip hop records be a good place to start?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lofichic)
    well who do you think it is relevant to? you have to start your own research really.... what do you think you mean by post feminism and what bands do you think reflect this?
    not that this matters any more as i've had the exam already
    *coughs* i HAVE bands which range from riot grrl bands and popular music girl groups... i did start my own research.. and lo and behold it was to ask other peoples opinions... what they took to the subject, i chose not to give example as i wanted peoples own interpretations of the question!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2004
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.